Morgan Greer - Whats with the headgear??

WalesWoman

I had to re look at Page of Cups because of the "getting messy" bib, and then noticed the hat instead, the left side looks like a big wave splash and the right side looks more like a waterfall flowing into a stream and thought this seems to represent both positive and negative qualities of the card.

I guess this deck did come out after Star Wars didn't it. Darth Vador on his sleeve, huh?

Emily

I'm sitting here with my Morgan Greer spread out in front of me, trying to check all these cards lol (its alot of fun :) - I love this deck)

Just found something else out - the Knight of Swords has the fire reflected in his eye, his eye is red, from the burning tower - his sword and helmet also catches the fire reflection.

WalesWoman

The Knight of Swords seems to "see red" and I think is a pretty scary character, he looks like he gets a lot of pleasure from destruction and other hell raising. You sure aren't going to see any tears in his eyes, unless it's from the smoke. Is that THE Tower in the background? I was trying to decide if it was fire reflected on his sword or if he'd drawn some blood. So if I got him in a reading, my thoughts would be that things have gotten out of hand, there isn't any discipline being used at all, that in any argument or conflict, there is nothing constructive about the "truths" at all, but that the situation is getting downright mean and nasty, people are thoughtlessly or purposely using their words or actions to wound, maim and destroy and enjoying the hurt they cause. Ouch! That sure would bring down the house.

I'm so glad to find other people using this deck, it has helped me so much to see these cards in a new light and I've gained so much from all of you.

Sulis

When I got this deck the Knight of Swords really confused me - all that fire. For a minute I thought that the fire and air correspondences were switched around to swords / fire, wands / air. I'm very glad that they're not.
He certainly is a scary looking character, the knights do seem to take their elements to the extreme. I like to think of him charging in to a situation, maybe in defense of the truth - he's not bothered about who he may upset or hurt in the process though.

This deck is a gem isn't it :D. I'm so glad I finally got around to getting it. I've found that I've been far more loyal to this deck than to any of my others. I haven't used another deck in ages, I just can't find fault with this one.

Love and light

Sulis xx

Sulis

Back to the headgear - Does anyone have any idea what the King of Cups has on his head?

Love and light

Sulis xx

WalesWoman

My first thoughts were it might be Ram's horns, but that can't be right. So maybe it's sort of a snail shell? But then from other things I've read about the King of Cups is that he's not really comfortable, like he's not really IN his element, so maybe those are Ram's horns.

Jewel-ry

Hi everyone,

Sulis, my thoughts are that the King of Cups has an octopus on his head. I always think he has a good 'grasp' of his emotions, good understanding. I did a little research on the net and came up with the following from a site on Power Animals:

The octopus has a built in defense system to guard against negative attack. She teaches us to guard against those negative persons and situations that might otherwise harm us. Octopus People often experience very emotional dreams as well as a lot of emotional healing through the Dream State. Finally octopus teaches us to approach all things not with the intent to destroy, but with universal love, strength, and faith.

Intelligence
Moving rapidly away from danger when needed
Proper use of smoke screens (ink) in evading enemies
Destroying negative barriers

I think this is interesting and quite meaningful in the light of this card. What do you think??

J :)

Emily

Hi Jewel-ry,

I like your take on the Cup Kings headgear. It does look like octopus legs lol. The Cup King can also be quite manipulative, like an octopus, but your whole posting made for very interesting reading - made me see the card in a different light. :)

Cascade

Page of Rods' derby

Of all the Morgan Greer headwear, I think this cap doesn't fit the clothing the most. A derby with a feather in it's cap doesn't seem to go with blouse sleeves and a four buttoned cuff.
His cap covers his eyes, or he's just looking down at the rod as if to say, what am I doing with this skinny little stick.
The different kinds of feathers would seem to indicate undeveloped thoughts. As a Page he delivers messages, someone elses thoughts. If brown is often a color of humility, then maybe a brown derby is fitting for one who serves, after all.:)