Mourning Bracelet

lark

Maybe they aren't tassles, but frayed ropes from her experience in the 8 of Swords.

shaveling

I'm like .traveller. They look like Japanese Buddhist prayer beads to me. That never made a lot of sense to me. But since the Hindu lingam on the front of the RWS Chariot didn't make a lot of sense to me either, it seemed to fit right in.

6 Haunted Days

Just saw this thread and had too comment. I am a collector of mourning jewelry. But my it is an expensive habit! I have 6 bracelets, 2 pins and 3 rings. The rings are my favourite. One is a gorgeous death head, with cherubs and hair under glass in the locket part (the death's head opens up into a locket). And I never thought of connecting the 2. I mean the Queen of Swords and that bracelet she is wearing!

caridwen

.traveller. said:
Those tassels and the color always made me think they were prayer bracelets. I'd never made the mourning bracelet connection.

Yes they look like buddhist prayer beads to me.

Apocalipstick

I remember hearing in a study group that the tassle is supposed to show that the wind of the previous two cards has died down. I'm not sure if this was the person's personal take, or if it was something being quoted from a book.