Must share an awesome thing

Harfang

What a fantastic story, and I'd completely forgotten that scarabs represented dung beetles. I envy most animals regardless of what they're about -- the way they live out their lives, driven only by instinct, is pure purpose. But creatures like this, with such symbolism and so much to teach the silly blundering humans...!! Nature gives us these tiny beasts that are basically stewards of the Void. How universally inspiring is that?

squeakmo9

What an amazing story Solitaire, thank you for sharing!

Really love all the explainations of the scarab as well:)

Grizabella

Wow, all the information about the scarab really is fascinating! Thank you to those who have posted it. I think I'm going to get a scarab to wear to remind me of this.

Another odd thing---in my lifetime, I've been "followed around" by scarabs. LOL I remember my first encounter with them was in a book that my grandmother used to sometimes let me look at. It pictured (and told about but I couldn't read and nobody read it to me) all kinds of animals and creatures. My favorite in the whole book was the dung beetle. LOL I can remember looking at the picture in that book like it was yesterday.

And throughout my life, scarab stones and jewelry have appeared in my life, but they were never my "thing", so I never really paid any attention other than that it's stuck in my mind all through the years. I've always given the items away or discarded them because I preferred other styles of things. I wondered why anyone would think something like that was special or pretty. I should mention, too, that I didn't know till now that the scarab represented the dung beetle.

On the card the wings that look like the wings of Isis are on either side of the beetle. Does Isis have something to do with the scarab? Last year at Bohemia Days I fell in love with a flying Isis figure carved of wood. She's "flying" right over my head as I type this, in fact, because she's a hanging sculpture.

I'll certainly start paying attention now.

Wow---I was just struck by the thought that all the "dung" that I've lived through in my first 40 years carried the "egg" of who I became after all that was past. And of course, I'm the "hatched egg" of everything that's happened all my life---we all are. Being suddenly struck by that thought brought tears to my eyes. Isn't it just awesome how life speaks to us? That fascination I had with the dung beetle as a child was an omen, and all these years, I've brushed off scarabs as being something I didn't like in stones.

Spirit communicates with us in metaphors like this----images and events. I knew that but this is like a Tower moment for me.

Jewelry is always very meaningful to me, so now I'll be collecting scarab jewelry, that's for sure! And anything else to do with scarabs.

Came back to add a comment:

"They are scavengers, which feed on dung and other decaying organic matter--" Well, I certainly do that---I'm a writer and my fiction usually deals with tales of the homeless, addicts, etc. Metaphorically, society sees the homeless as being "dung and decaying organic matter", after all. One of my fairytales even dealt with a group of trolls. Trolls live under bridges, you know. It was actually a troll romance. :p My Muse "feeds on dung and decaying organic matter", you could say.

coyoteblack

That is such a wonderful story made all the more beautiful because it was true .

Grizabella

You probably understand better than most, coyote. :) And would understand the comment I came back to add, too.

caridwen

Thanks for the scarab information.

I was struck most by the metaphor of begining again and having a second chance also by what you said here:

I was just struck by the thought that all the "dung" that I've lived through in my first 40 years carried the "egg" of who I became after all that was past. And of course, I'm the "hatched egg" of everything that's happened all my life---we all are.

From what I know you have been through which is enough for one lifetime, you have expressed such an awful amount of mental strength and love to be where you are now. I think the universe was reminding you that you have a second crack at life and to go for it.

It's a message to use your intuition as the African beetle relies on moonlight and advice to move forward knowingly and consciously since the scarab is also a symbol of the Sun god. I think it is telling you to move forward with joy, that whatever mistakes you have made, whatever you regret is forgiven - to move forward with peace and joy in your heart for you are protected.

It's a wonderful message:)

Grizabella

Yes, that really is a wonderful message. :)

This reminds me of what Oprah says---Spirit will give us a little tap, then a nudge, then finally a "brick upside the head" when trying to get our attention and give us a message. She was referring to the more negative things in life when I heard her say it, but it applies with the positives, too, I think.

Water Lady

Wonderful happy ending story, thanks for sharing.
I also was intrigued with the interpretation of the card, scarab.
I am a animal lover, I have watched and learn a lot from them.

I am being drawn more and more to the animal oracle cards.

bleuivy

Well that is just about the coolest story I've heard so far today! Thanks for sharing it.

I dare say when that card comes up in readings, it's going to have some pretty positive associations for you! :)

floracove

That is an awesome story.
That little bug just tumbled his way back into the deck.
I'm curious...
Did he travel from east to west to get back to you and the deck?
My guess would be yes.