My Favourite Spread Cloth

Lillie

Actually, the real thing is that I have got a lovely new camera (new to me, at least), and I am enjoying photoing everything.

So, here is my favourite spreadcloth.
It's really just a silk head scarf from a charity shop.
But isn't it lovely!

Show me yours.

Attachments

• spread cloth.jpg
    spread cloth.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 154

wizzle

very nice cloth and very nice pic.... congrats

thanks for sharing and post more stufff for sure

avw

Dean

Yep thats a nice patterned cloth, i do like those blues and aqua greens Lillie, do you have that cloth in a red and orange colour, those are my other favourite spread cloth colours.

tink27

What a great idea!

I love the symbolism of your spread cloth. I didn't think of a silk scarf - I bought some silk from a fabric store - a deep blue - but I like your idea - it has a 'hidden dimension' quality about it.

tink

tabi

:D pretty! Can never have too many pics either!

I have started using a silk "wrap" as a spread cloth. Beautiful redish pink that is velvety feeling, the ToD is right at home on it. The cloth and cards add richness to one another, I was somewhat shocked when I seen them together.

Elven

Lillie - how beautiful. The colours are gorgeous, and the pattern so intricate. It would be lovely to read from :)

Thankyou for the pic! :D

Blessings
Elven x

catlin

Oh, Lillie, what a wonderful spreadcloth!!!

Lillie

Dean said:
Yep thats a nice patterned cloth, i do like those blues and aqua greens Lillie, do you have that cloth in a red and orange colour, those are my other favourite spread cloth colours.

I wish I had more than one of these!
It was just a lucky find in a charity shop.
It was in amongst all the other scarfs.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. I grabbed it straight away and didn't let go of it till it was paid for and mine!

Square head scarfs are a perfect size for spread cloths. I have a few, but that one is by far the most beautiful.
I wrap my deck in it, then just lay it out to read on.

It is always worth checking the scarfs in charity shops. You never know what you might find.

One day it would be nice to get some plain silk and some fabric paints, and to try making my own.
but so far I have just used patterned scarfs as they were made.

Come on people.
I know you all have beautiful cloths too.
Let's see some of yours!

Agathe

It is soooo pretty!
I don't have anything like that. Right now I don't have this need to have a spread cloth. However, as soon as I get one I'll show you :eek:).

Blessings,
Agata

Dean

I'm looking for a chequered or similar patterned cloth like yours Lillie, i do like those colours alot on your cloth, i'm waiting for delivery of my Lexmark scanner, as soon as it arrives i shall scan some spread cloths.:grin: