My first 3 card draw

techn1k

Hi,

I am just beginning to use Tarot and so far I have been drawing one card a day. It was nearly always helpful and clear. Today I had my first 3-cards draw and I am a bit puzzled:

Body: High Priestess
Mind: 4 of wands
Spirit: 5 of pentacles

I am not sure how to interpret body and spirit. Maybe I should stay with one card?
Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sulis

Moderator note

Hi techn1k,

Welcome to Aeclectic :).

I've given your reading a thread of it's own; you'd posted in a group and wouldn't get any replies there.

This is a learning forum so we ask that you do a few things (there's a box just above your post explaining the basics):

• Read through the posting rules at the top of the forum or here: Your Readings Posting Rules
  • Tell us the name of the deck you've used.
  • Go through the cards and add your own interpretation of each one, have a go at interpreting the cards you're having trouble with (this really is the best way to learn).
  • Once you have some replies, come back and leave feedback for each person to let them know exactly how their thoughts match the situation you're reading about.
If you need some help with meanings, check out our pages of card meanings - link in the bar at the top of the page or here: Tarot Card Meanings

Could everyone else please wait?

Sulis - moderator

techn1k

Sorry and thanks.

I have the biggest problem with High Priestess. I am not sure how is it related to body aspect. Mind is also bit confusing. 4 of wands is suggesting a positive social development but how to interpret it as a mind card?

Is it possible that body/mind/spirit approach simply doesn't work for me?

Stu123

Hello and welcome! :)

I'm not sure whether you wanted a clarification on a particular issue through this spread or not.

The High Priestess I would interpret as strong and mature body, which needs to be maintained and nourished. HP I think knows her worth and rewards herself with the nourishments.

With rhe mind and spirit I'm sensing some tensions. The 4 of Wands is balanced and happy, so I think you're balanced inside which is encouraged by the HP and her self-care. However, your spirit seems to be unhappy. Either you have some inner tensions, or maybe you are focusing too much on the outer or material and your spiritual side is being neglected? Maybe you're oushing for something inside which you aren't getting and that is making you sad, even though your life is happy in many other aspects.

Or maybe this is talking about Tarot - you're seeking the development in 4 of Wands (going with your interpretation), but you're struggling with the meanings (5 of Pent) and that bothers you?

Does anything resonate? Just a brief input, good luck working and improving with Tarot! :)

Sulis

Moderator note

Hi techn1k,

Could you please have a go at interpreting the High Priestess and the 5 of Pentacles? It doesn't have to be detailed at all and there's no right or wrong but it really will help you to learn if you have a go. We've all been where you are now, don't worry.
Maybe try looking at the images and jot down how they make you think and feel.

I've hidden one reply and will put it back when you've added your thoughts on those 2 cards.

Could everyone else please wait?

Sulis

techn1k

I am using Universal Rider Waite by the way.

5 pentacles/spirit: I see two approaches to spiritual life here. I am assuming that the window represents the temple. Woman seems to be walking slowly, she is indifferent, not interested in what is happening inside. Hopeless. Man with stilts seems to be running, maybe he is late for the mass/gathering? I believe he looks at the window with eagerness. I think that even if I am crippled in the faith/spiritual area (i feel so), there is still something bright waiting for me inside. Woman is the example of what to avoid here.

Also I have a feeling the whole card is a 'remake' of Lovers card. Temple window instead of angel, man and woman. In this case though, their positions are switched, and woman ignores the man. Maybe it's a warning, to remember about intellect and mind in spiritual seeking? Relying only on emotions makes it stunted.

4 wands: gathering of cheerful people, probably family. Sense of richness and social fulfilment. In relation to mind it could be a sign to think about the family more often? Or not to neglect the family in my plans. Other possibility I thought of was (as it was Friday) an advice to spend the day with family and enjoy that.

Sulis

Hi techn1k,

You still haven't interpreted The High Priestess. Could you please add your thoughts on that card?

techn1k

I am bit lost here. High Priestess in body aspect? As far as I know that card is a symbol of unconscious knowledge, a potential that can be realised by certain act. Maybe it means I can push myself harder in fitness terms?

One thing was weird when I was gazing at the card trying to figure it out. Woman on the card is looking straight at you, and I had a thought: 'she knows!'. I am not sure what could it refer to but it was there. Maybe something I subconsciously know about but am afraid to admit to myself? Bit scary to be honest.

So, to sum up, I am baffled by this card showing in respect of 'body'.

Sulis

One thing was weird when I was gazing at the card trying to figure it out. Woman on the card is looking straight at you, and I had a thought: 'she knows!'. I am not sure what could it refer to but it was there. Maybe something I subconsciously know about but am afraid to admit to myself? Bit scary to be honest.

I think you've got it right there in that intuitive flash.. The High Priestess often says "you know what you need to do, look within and take notice of that little voice that you've been ignoring".
The High Priestess sits before a thin veil and behind her is water, an ocean, the subconscious. She is the keeper of secrets and of your own subconscious knowledge..
What is it about your body that you know you should do but you're not doing? Are you exercising enough? Do you eat healthily? Do you look after yourself enough? Have you been ignoring something going on in your physical life that you know you really shouldn't be ignoring?

I think the reading you've done for yourself is a really good one so just to add to what you've already said:

5 Pentacles / Spirit 5s are about change and the 5 of Pentacles is about making physical changes or dealing with physical changes so that could be changes in your health or it could be changes in your life.
Here I think it's saying that you feel as if you need to make changes in your spiritual life or you're actually trying to do that but at the moment you still feel a bit as if you're on the outside looking in.
You'll get there though.

4 Wands / Mind This says to me that mentally you're in a comfortable place. 4s are stable and secure, maybe a bit boring but that's not always a bad thing. So mentally, you're OK at the moment although you may want to start thinking outside of the box to get to where you want to go spiritually (that 5 of Pentacles) and physically (The High Priestess)..

I don't really do Mind, Body, Spirit readings as I find the positions quite confusing so hopefully I've helped a bit.

techn1k

Thanks a lot! So it is this quiet 'hunch' that is so easily ignored that I should be looking for.
Additional info on the cards was really helpful and things make more sense to me know.

I did thi /body/mind/spirit as it was advised in a 'Tarot for yourself book' (I am using Tarot for self-exploration in the first place). I don't feel very comfortable with these questions though. Maybe it's just about more practice? Could you recommend simple daily spread useful for studying? Or should I trust my intuition and try to devise my own way?
It seems that doing it structly 'by the book' isn't necessarily the best choice.