my first face-to-face-with strangers reading event

Rev_Vesta

ok here are the photos sorry to take over your thread....

Attachments

• S6300236.JPG
    S6300236.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 66
  • S6300235.JPG
    S6300235.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 50

canid

How exciting for you! I'm glad it wasn't a wash because of the weather - I was 'enjoying' it right along with you, trucking hot water to the barn every 2 hours, etc... Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you in Wadsworth? What's the store's name? Do they sell anything metaphysical? Maybe you should contact Robin Swaboda next time - she loves that kind of stuff!

starrystarrynight

sapphireandsage said:
I did get the Karma jar idea from Ms. Jette's book - such a great resource for beginning professionals! I came home with lots of bills inside....they were all $1s (26 of them, actually), but bills just the same. Maybe next time, I'll get some $5s and $10s, as well!
Seed the jar with a larger bill or two before you start, especially if the client can see the denomination through the glass. It puts the "donor" in a more generous mood and establishes your value in her mind upfront.

Hey, if she sees a dollar bill, she subconsciously thinks that is what she is supposed to tip you. If she sees something considerably larger, well, you do the math. :D

(And that tip comes from bar singing experiences in my youth...)