My first readings for other people!

intuition897

I'm still pretty excited about last night and just wanted to blurt it out somewhere. :) I went to a local psychic round-table last night and gave my first-ever readings for other people. I got really good feedback, too. A couple of people said my readings were very accurate and meaningful. I don't know, I just sort of said what first came to mind and didn't care whether it was right or wrong. I guess that was the right way to do it! LOL

It's a local group that meets once a month. Participants bring their favorite divination tool (crystal balls, pendulums, cards, runes, etc.) and as each person asks a question, we go around the table taking turns reading for the querent. Some were advanced practitioners who did readings professionally and others were total newbies. It was very non-judgmental and a very accepting and encouraging learning environment. So not only do you get to practice reading for others, you get multiple quickie readings from everyone at the table for your question!

I asked what I should be doing career-wise to better fulfill my life purpose. I got such feed back as 'not a healer, but a teacher', 'you have a very good mind but you often question yourself. Stop.', 'I see you sitting at a table with a candle lit. Whatever it is you are doing, it is with someone else, one on one...not to a group.', 'you will know what it is that you want when you do it, because it will bring you such joy.', 'don't worry about money; that will take care of itself. Do what you WANT to do.', 'First of all, I sense a very deep sadness about you regarding your life purpose (true). And secondly, the first thing that I immediately thought of when you asked your question was writing. You should write.', and finally Marilyn, our hostess, drew the Ace of Swords for me. The very seed card for pure thought, intelligence, reason, logic, justice and truth. And she also noted that it looked to her like a pen. The pen is mightier than the sword in this case I suppose. Looks like I should be brushing up on my writing skills...

To really make the evening complete, this meeting was also being filmed by the local cable company! Marilyn and a few others were being interviewed by them and they filmed some of the readings. There was a wicked thunderstorm on last night, too, so many of the readers' statements were effectively punctuated with loud cracks of thunder and flashes of lightning. The show is supposed to be out in October sometime, so I'm sure it'll be a real hit with Hallowe'en right around the corner.

Anyway, thanks for reading! Just wanted to vent! So happeeee!

Promise

Congrats on your first face-to-face experience!

It sounds like you had a blast, and came away with a lot of things to think about! Isn't it great?

Ange

Well done...:):)

Ang x

intuition897

Yes, it was a great experience! I'm looking forward to going back next month.

starrystarrynight

That sounds like such a terrific forum for doing and learning! Congrats on taking that step...you're on your way now!

Baroli

Grats!!​

Grizabella

Congratulations! It sounds like you had a very enriching experience and your group sounds fascinating. :D :heart:

Muir Aingeal

Congratulations! :party:

nisaba

intuition897 said:
I went to a local psychic round-table last night and gave my first-ever readings for other people. I got really good feedback, too.
... Just wanted to vent! So happeeee!
Excellent! It feels *so* good, doesn't it! I remember. You'll never forget, not to your dying day. you'll put the memory aside sometimes - sometimes for years - but it will always come back to thrill you.

BeyondtheVeil

I just wanted to say congratulations on your first readings and the experience! It sounds like you had a lot of fun too! :) I am thinking maybe I should try to see if there is such a thing around here. I would love to get together with others and practice face to face. I am still VERY new and still learning, but I think that would be so helpful to have 'real" people to get feedback face to face.

I also have to say that when I read this.......

intuition897 said:
To really make the evening complete, this meeting was also being filmed by the local cable company! Marilyn and a few others were being interviewed by them and they filmed some of the readings. There was a wicked thunderstorm on last night, too, so many of the readers' statements were effectively punctuated with loud cracks of thunder and flashes of lightning. The show is supposed to be out in October sometime, so I'm sure it'll be a real hit with Hallowe'en right around the corner.

I was howling with laughter! :laugh: That is so priceless! :thumbsup: I bet that show will be a big hit!

Thanks so much for sharing! Congratulations again! {{HUGS}}

BeyondtheVeil