Navigators of the Mystic SEA - 8 of Pentacles (split from thread in Tarot Decks)

rainwolf

Who said the book is not good?

The book is almost solid writing apart from small illustrations of cards. I could not have understood this deck without the book--there is too much important symbolism that has to be explained to grasp the meaning.

I'll admit that the book is quite heavy; each explanation (esp the majors) is paragraphs of symbolism and how it relates to kabbalah.

To address that, some of you may know that this deck was made with heavy influences of the kabbalah. It should be mentioned that Turk rearranged the associations of majors and the tree of life and reexamined the kabbalah as a whole. Her purpose of the deck was to make a tarot that was modern and made for a new age that is emerging. Her book provides much explanation on her intentions and the layout of her deck as a whole. It is worth the money.

If you haven't read the book, expect to find some very indepth talk about each card--she has gone to great lengths to examine each card in all of it's dignities. I should also mention that if you really want to understand her deck, it would be worth while to print out a BIG tree of life to fill in as you study the deck. You will need to go a little into kabbalah to use her deck efficiently. I'm definitely not saying you will have to know kabbalah--you will just need to know the tree of life (and Turk's associations with it) to know where she is coming from.

I'll look into making a big blank one to attach so others can use it. I'll make two--the traditional one and Turk's so we can look at the difference. This could also spark an interesting thread to help people that don't use this system

I'm sorry if my post is a little unorganized, I can't really think strait this morning but I felt I needed to say those couple of points because I have found them important in the study and understanding of this deck.

RW

MeeWah

rainwolf: Appreciate your input regarding the book. Noticed the text heavily based on the Kabbalah & symbolism.

Your offer very kind, & look forward to it! I would very much appreciate seeing both the traditional & Turk's Tree of Life to enhance an understanding of both the deck & the book. Being able to print out the diagrams as reference & study aids would be wonderful!

& do not see your thoughts as "disorganized" at all, but to offer clarification so many thanks for posting.

rainwolf

I finished the trees, and tried to make them small so you could write notes in them. The first is a blank. The second is Turks tree. The third is the traditional tree.

Note: I had to rotate them so they could be uploaded. Just rotate them 90 degrees counterclockwise to fix.

Attachments

• ToL 1 blank rotate.jpg
    ToL 1 blank rotate.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 87
  • ToL Turk Wmore rotate.jpg
    ToL Turk Wmore rotate.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 78
  • Traditional ToL rotate.jpg
    Traditional ToL rotate.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 78

MeeWah

((((((rainwolf)))))) Thanks so very much for the attachements!

Need to figure out how to print them so they print in their entirety. Not 'cropped' or chopped up.

rainwolf

If you have a rotation feature you can turn them counterclockwise by 90 degrees (or -90 degrees).

I hope they are big enough to make notes on, otherwise the blank one should be useful.