Near future of relationship: 9 of Cups

lotus2blossom

So I've done one recent reading where I had the 9 of Cups come up in the near future of the relationship position. Naturally, one would think that this would mean a positive future for this relationship (almost similar to the 10 of Cups). But how else could this be interpreted? What are some of your experiences with this card?

QueenofCups(rx)

I can see this card as a single person that is content with having everything to himself. That is what he desires and he doesnt want or care to have anyone else in the picture. For example if this card popped up after a divorce I can say he is glad to be single, moved on, no longer has to deal with other peoples emotions or issues, doesnt have to share (food or drinks). Its finally all about himself again...but can that also signal someone thats a little selfish? I can see it representing a fat person. Somebody that loves to eat and drink...could possibly signal eating disorder, obsession with food, or an alcoholic.

Adjustment

If there is not commitment, someone doesn't want to be in one, they want to be physical only without any compromises.