Need 'Bear' deck advice, please, anyone...

tarotlyn

The URL I put in the above message led you to the Gummy Bears and more bear-like Tarots.

The Bearot and the Teddy Tarot were both there as well as the Aubrey BEARdsley Tarot (interesting, but not what you wanted).

:heart: nisaba, to see those, I just typed in 'bear' this time, instead of 'bears' (last time) and then I
did see the bear type decks you were talking about.

Thank you, I will check all those out...I really appreciate your help :heart:

:heart: HUGS
tarotlyn

tarotlyn

Does it have to be tarot ?
There are oracle decks that have bears in them, but I do not know of any decks that have exclusively, or even predominantly, bears.
The Wolf Song cards has a card for the black bear, brown bear, grizzly and another one.
Animal Messages by Susan Green has a bear in it.
I think the Pathfinders Oracle also has bears in it but it may be that is no longer available, I got mine years ago.

Thank you :heart: WolfSpirit, come to think of it, I believe an oracle deck would be fine also :)
Gosh, I should have thought of that :bugeyed:

The decks you suggested sound really interesting and I will also be checking those out as well.
I just love the fact that we can always come here for answers and help! :):thumbsup:

thanks everyone!
:heart:tarotlyn

tarotbear

...tarotbear...you are in for a surprise then...because the only one I found at nisba's link page
(when I typed in 'bears') was this one:

(a Majors only Limited edition of: 'Tarocchi Gay-Orsi (Gay Bears Tarot)'

http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/dbsearchengine.php?search_type=blob&pageenter=0

and: http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/images/g-decks/gayorsicards.gif

OMG! The magician in the jockstrap looks just like a friend of mine! Limited edition of 30 .... not very likely I'll find one .... :(

Edited to add:
I just researched through ebay to an Italian company and they have one of the artist's other decks for @ $130 USD plus shipping from Rome.

tarotlyn

OMG! The magician in the jockstrap looks just like a friend of mine! Limited edition of 30 .... not very likely I'll find one .... :(

Edited to add:
I just researched through ebay to an Italian company and they have one of the artist's other decks for @ $130 USD plus shipping from Rome.

...tarotbear, I just did an online search and I can only see 8 of the 22 cards...so no way to
put together a copy of this major's only deck yourself... from only 8 cards ...

Maybe you can contact the artists and see if they might know where a copy is or if they are
ever going to do a full 78 cards for this particular deck.

enchanted spirit

I love the Gummy Bear Tarot. For all that it looks silly, it reads really well. I think the Gummy Bear has my favorite Death card of all time. It just cracks me up.

I'd really like to see a deck with more bears in it! I love bears.

nisaba

There's a Gay Bear Tarot Deck? WHERE????? I WANT IT!!!! LOL!!!!!

Tarocchi Gay-Orsi (Gay Bears Tarot)
Designer(s), Artist(s): Emilio Ortu Lieto
Country of Publication: Italy
Number of Cards: 22
Publication Year: 2004
Publication Status: Limited edition of 30 copies

Some images are here. If you're under the age of consent in your country, don't click. And if you're over, these are not for the faint-hearted.

Mi-Shell

The Quester's Journey has a suit of Bears one of Wolves, one of Buffalo and one of Eagles.....
It is a Native American theme deck....

nisaba

OMG! The magician in the jockstrap looks just like a friend of mine!
<laughter> I love/hate it whern that happens! Two Pentacles in the Cosmic deck, I'm looking at YOU!

... an Italian company and they have one of the artist's other decks for @ $130 USD plus shipping from Rome.
They might also have contact details for the artist. If they do, throw yourself on his mercy and beg, grovel, cry and plead.

tarotbear

<laughter> I love/hate it when that happens! Two Pentacles in the Cosmic deck, I'm looking at YOU!

Unfortuately, my decks are in boxes in a storage unit in another state, so when I dig it out I'll have to look! LOL!!!!