Nefertari Tarot makeover - Lo Scarabeo

Freddie

Greetings All,

I just recieved a new 'NeferTari Tarot' by Lo Scarabeo today. The deck has had a slight makeover that I wasn't aware of. Lo Scarabeo have changed the back design and the gold stamped text on the cards is now a yellow/gold/orange colour. I took some pics on my camera, but I had trouble getting them to to email. I will try again soon to upload them here. I have included a scan of the baxk design for your viewing pleasure.

I have also discovered why it may be called 'Nefertari's Tarot (the new box says 'Tarot Nefertari') as some of images resemble contained within her tomb in Egypt. I have inclued two photos from her tomb that look like the cards. Nefertari appears on 'The High Priestess' card and I feel that is a nice touch for this deck.

I am not trying to enable anyone here, but I thought you all might like to know about the changes.

Freddie

Attachments

• File.jpg
    File.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,082
  • nefertari.jpg
    nefertari.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 639
  • nefertari_making_offering_tom_hi.jpg
    nefertari_making_offering_tom_hi.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 646

Penthasilia

Wow- unless I am not seeing it correctly, I find these much less attractive than the ones posted in the other thread. The one thing that I liked about the deck was the light gold bling- but it seems so muted now that it doesn't stand out.

:(

MoonGypsy

i would LOVE to see this new version in person...

i used to have the very shiny gold edition, and it was sooooo bright, it actually hurt my eyes....

So, if this new one has toned the gold down a bit, that would be a good thing for me...

And i usually LOVE bling; the "blingier" the better! :p But the old bright shiny gold edition of the Nefertari actually took away from the artwork, IMHO.

Another verison is he OOP LS Tarots of the Sphinx; it is [i believe] the same artwork as the Nefertari, only without the Gold Stamping.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tarots-of-the-sphinx/

One more of Tarots of the Sphinx:

http://www.tarotpassages.com/sphinx1.jpg

Rhinemaiden

Freddie... hard to tell from your pix, but your Nefertari's Tarot isn't the gold foil edition??

rwcarter

Another verison is he OOP LS Tarots of the Sphinx; it is [i believe] the same artwork as the Nefertari, only without the Gold Stamping.
Also, the images between the two decks are mirror image to one another.

Freddie

The photos are pictures from the Nefertari tomb in Egypt. The scan is the back design of the cards. The cards are the same gold bling as before, but with a new back design and ink coloured titles.

Just looking through the deck I can identify a good number of the images as art/artefacts from various Egyptian tombs. I like the colouring of 'Tarot of the Sphinx' and I think some have said they perfer that deck to Nefertari.

Freddie

Penthasilia

The photos are pictures from the Nefertari tomb in Egypt. The scan is the back design of the cards. The cards are the same gold bling as before, but with a new back design and ink coloured titles.

Thanks for the clarification! :) I would have been sad to see that bling fade. :p

DeToX

Both the old and new backs look pretty good to me.

Freddie

Both the old and new backs look pretty good to me.

Indeed I agree. I am not sure the eye of Horus back design of the new one would look even if trimmed, so I wanted to give a heads up to anyone buying this deck with plans of trimming the borders off.

This deck (for me and I am only speaking for myself) is the right mix of decadence and old school Hermetic thought. I am a student of the 'Golden Dawn' system and this Tarot fits like a glove to that kind of process, so that is a bonus as well. This is indeed my 'Thoth' deck I was looking for. I like the fact that is not a Barbie and Ken doll type of deck and that it is a deeply sexy Tarot without being lewd.

Finally I have deck that I can see beyond the idea of 'religion' and work with the ancient archetypes that seem to be a part of my collective unconcious.

Freddie