Negative Reading

diane drizzy

OK-I'm finally able to talk about this.
For the new year I decided to treat myself to a "professional" reading via e-mail. Well it was awful! It said someone I knew would die-but it was OK, since they believed in reincarnation.
Overall it was a fairly negative reading and left me shaken to say the least!!
Needless to say I did endless Novenas afterwards (that's the Italian in me).
The other issue is I felt I should give up Tarot because of this. I gave my cards away-and yes-stopped visiting AT since this happened.
I miss my cards, I miss AT-especially the forums. But really I was so upset, felt guilty over the reading, and frankly I'm afraid......

a_shikhs

Hi diane drizzy,
i can understand what you are going through.. I too went through the same thing a while ago. A friend of mine did a past life reading for me and it turned out so traumatic and true, that i couldnt take it. The reading was so apt because i felt that way in this life too. I was so scared regarding this brutal truth that i decided to give up tarot and never ever touch these cards. For a month, i didnt touch my cards as i was frightened of them. But then i really started missing them and felt as if i had left behind a part of me.
I then slowly started doing readings again and now i love it..

I think that you should give it one more chance and start reading again especially since you miss it so much. Maybe you can try a spread regarding the situation.. Just a thought.. :)

Kahlie

Dear Diane,

Tarot doesn't make things come to pass. Although I can image that it's distressing to get bad news through the Cards, the responsibility is not yours, and you didn't make it come to pass. Lay that burden down. And remember, that just because one person does wrong with them, it doesn't mean YOU had to give them up.

Secondly, I am very sorry you went to such a bad Reader. A big HUG to you! That person didn't do you a favour by saying the things they did, and obviously they hadn't yet learned the first thing about tact and responsibility!

It was a bad Reading, not because it dealt with negativity or difficult issues, but because the Reader didn't give you any positive angles on how to work through things, and saying that 'somebody' will die is very unprofessional and gives lots of heartache and worry with the Querent, you in this case.

Please don't blame the Cards for what this one Reader did. Recognise the enlightenment and positivity Reading Tarot can give you. As well as giving you the Power to Help Yourself.

Kahlie

Dwaas

Hello diane drizzy,

What kind of reader was that? As said before, bad things excist, but it is the responsibility of a reader to point out the lessons, or how to avoid perhaps these things, or at least how to deal with them. And besides of that, there is no use imo to say that people are dying. A spread is only a snapshot of that moment, and circumstances do change after the reading because life and it's aspects are part of the universum in movement. So now you may sit and wait for the worse to happen and maybe you spoil your life with that while nothing happens, or something totally different! And even if it is true, what use is there to scare people in advance. Shame on that reader!

But the worst thing is that you gave up tarot because of this reading. While you experienced fun with the cards, fun here at the forums, this is all taken away from you because of this bad vilein reading. But here it is the same as with bad outcomes in the cards. YOU decide if tarot will give you comfort and fun, not that bad reading. Your power is much bigger than that of a bad reader! :) I can imagine that you are very upset, but I think a lot of people here will have comforting words to say to you. I hope from my heart that you will stay to join us and have fun again playing and reading with your cards.
Warm blessings

gregory

There are bad readers. You seem to have come across one. If you possibly can, put it down to experience and move on - just making sure that you learn from it not to do this to anyone else - and I'm sure you won't. :love:

lark

Hi diane,
It was an irresponsible reading.
And here's a big hug (((((((Diane))))))
I think a reader can always send their client off with a feeling of hope not of fear.
So you pick up those cards again and you show them what a good, responsible reader really is.
This experience can manifest hope, and that will dispel the fear.
It will make you a better reader in the future because it will make you sensitive to the feelings of your client, because your's were so shaken.

I too had a terrible, harsh reading from a fellow reader.
Someone I trusted, and it shook me to the core.
It was about my son who I adore.
It was over a year ago and NOTHING came true in the reading.
He later admitted he was jealous and angry at me for something else when he did the reading.
And that he put a very negative spin on every card because of his mood.

I got rid of the reader not my cards! :)

So we sometimes never know the motives of the reader when we get a reading.
Your reader might have had a fight with her boyfriend that morning and been in a very negative bad mood.
I think some readers like to predict death because it makes them seem more powerful and psychic, with little regard for the feelings of their clients, they like to play God.
They think it impresses you, when it only scares you.
Very irresponsible to predict death in a reading. IMO>

That is why one of the first rules of a good reader is "JUST READ."
To put yourself aside and your judgements, moods and ego and just read.

So all my love to you and we miss you too. :love:
And don't let one bad experience turn you away from a lifetime of fun and friends and insight.

Blessings
~lark~

reagun ban

I tend to agree. Unless I know someone very well, there's no way I'm gonna drop a bombshell like death on them. Even then, I'll just advise them to spend more time with so and so. Never that someone's going to die.

diane drizzy

Thank you all for putting it in perspective.
I had no one to share this with-I could cry with relief being able to talk about this. I felt so guilty.
I did miss you all and my cards-many thanks.

full deck

Dear Diane,

It is insensitive of that particular reader to dump all of that upon without talking about the "lessons" as Dwaas mentions. Readings are not etched in stone and events can and often change. Please try to understand *why* the reading you got was a flawed reading and it is still a good idea to say Novenas. :)

I should also say that -- though I have not touched my cards so as to ask -- I know I'm going to die and I'm really ticked off about it . . . I will still work on my understanding of the Tarot regardless.

gregory

You're right of course, Death is the only certainty in life. Even taxes are avoidable if you have enough money to know how !!!! So I guess that was an OK reading really - one must just put these things in perspective. :cool5:. Everyone I know is going to die (what a shame. Some could use this more than others though -and soon. See some of my other posts lately :( !!) Oh well - that's life.

It was still a dreadful thing to do !