~New~Celtic Wisdom Oracle

Le Fanu

I had a nosey around The Works for tarot/Oracle stuff yesterday and didn't find anything. I'd have bought this if I'd have seen it...

Carla

I have blogged my deck review for Celtic Wisdom Oracle; you can find it at homepage (link to left under my name).

WyrdRaven

OMG I LOVE this deck! Y'all have thoroughly enabled me and now all I can think about is trying to find a way to get this gorgeous deck into my grasping weasel paws. LOVE the artwork! And anything the Matthews are involved with is going to be a quality product. Just wish the deck had been released with Caitlin's name of choice, the Celtic Ancestor Oracle. This new title sounds too similar to the Celtic Wisdom Tarot.

WyrdRaven

One drawback I've found is that the cards will only fit into their designated slot in the box once - while the shrinkwrap is still on them! Once unwrapped, the stack is just too thick to replace without risk of damage. So, while I read through the book, I've put half the cards into the 'correct' slot and the other half into the space where the book is intended to fit.

I had the same problem and solved it by tearing the spacer-insert out of the box. Now I do need to be careful that the glue residue inside the box does not touch the cards.

merissa_88

The spacer problem I had was the same one that bothers me with the Matthews' Shaman Oracle. I have to put the book in first and then the cards fit. Otherwise, they slip to the bottom of the box.

I love this deck and really look forward to using it. I actually combined readings with the Celtic Wisdom Oracle which was pretty interesting.