New Deck Interview (FireRaven) - International Icon

theora

New Deck Interview spread by FireRaven
(here: http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=44573 )

I just received the International Icon Tarot in the mail yesterday. prior to doing this spread, I did a few one card draws and got my signifier (twice) as well as the Page of Wands and the Happy Squirrel. %-)

anyway, here's the layout:

New Deck Interview Spread by FireRaven

****** 5 ****** 6 ******
********** 4 **********
****** 3 ****** 2 ******
********** 1 **********

1. Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic?
King of Pentacles. This deck is solid, grounded, and well thought-out. It *gets it*. It will be a reliable deck for readings.

2. What are your strengths as a deck?
Death. This deck will tell it like it is - no pulling punches. It's for real - and therefor it contains the possibility of true transformation. (Hells yeah!)

3. What are your limits as a deck?
Two of Cups. (LOL! See #2 above.)

4. What do you bring to the table -- what are you here to teach me?
9 Wands - will help develop intuition like mad! Well worth the effort involved.

5. How can I best learn from and collaborate with you?
4 Cups. See, think/meditate, and form yr (my) own counsel. Move when ready; chill when appropriate.

6. What is the potential outcome of our working relationship?
The Chariot. Advancing yr (my) understanding and yr (my) tarot career.

I then drew a final card, based on someone here saying that the card on the *bottom* of the deck (assuming you deal from the top) is the hidden element - I drew the Queen of Pentacles.

looks like Aces with this deck!!!

BTW this is a longhand version of my shorthand journalling style when writing up readings I do for myself. I'm much more narrative with readings for other people, and actually even less descriptive with my own readings.

Alta

Hi theora,

I like your takes and generally agree. Just one card:

5. How can I best learn from and collaborate with you?
4 Cups.

I have also worked with this deck. The lack of small detail and a certain flatness to the colour force you back on yourself. You have to pause and consider what you might be missing. It is a deeper deck than it looks and is better if you take time rather than a quick glance at the cards.

Alta