New Garnet Ring

HearthCricket

My new garnet and diamond ring arrived today and I really like it. It is based on an old Victorian setting and though I won't be wearing it daily, I love the style and have completely fallen in love with garnets over the past few years. My husband gave me a garnet cross, garnet earrings and now I have this lovely piece. I also seem attracted to polished garnets and recently purchased a garnet mala bead. So pretty. I wonder what has suddenly turned me on to this lovely gem?

morticia monroe

OOooo! Gorgeous!

My daughter had a birthday last week, and I believe that garnet is her birthstone. I love the dark red color.

HearthCricket

Thank you! They really do have a unique colour to them. And yes, January is Garnet, so lucky her!!

moderndayruth

Beatiful jewels, HC, i am so happy for you! Enjoy wearing them :)

Sonic

Garnet is by far and above my favorite. GORGEOUS!

HearthCricket

Thank you! I am thinking of an old garnet ring I discovered in our backyard when I was only 7 years old. It was oval, too, but had gold beading around it, very old, and was very worn out. And tiny. So it fit my middle finger and I wore it for years. Finally we got around to showing it to a jeweler who dated it to the turn of the century and said it may have been a wedding ring, since diamonds were rarely given back then and this was high quality stone and gold. Eventually I passed it down, but it is interesting that my first ring was garnet and now I am attracted to it, again! It is coming round full circle, maybe!

This list also supports a lot of my attraction to it lately. I guess it is one of those meant to be stones!

"Brings light and hope to your life's path
Helps in situations of crisis
Fortifies courage to overcome problems
Opens the door for sharing with others
Promotes self-confidence
Strengthens courage, hope and trust"

morticia monroe

My daughter got a garnet in her class ring this year. I love the dark, deep, red of that stone. It's richer than your average red.

wumpkie

I love garnet as I have it in a ring with moonstone, and I luuuurve your ring, I can see that it will bring you much pleasure.

Briar Rose

If you love Garnets you might want to see if you can find a Rhodonite garnet. Those usually come from Brazil and have pinkish/purple saturation to them. Rare. I love those. I have a lot of the red garnets.

Silverlyn

I love Garnets too! Really dark,deep black-reds are one of my favorite colors.

I even have a large, dark red diamond-shaped crystal hanging on my rearview mirror. I'll include a pic of it in the sun, sometime.

Silverlyn