Nicola Soki Classic Tarot

Aaron Carson

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of this deck or been able to purchase a copy. Adam McLean says he couldn't get through to the publisher, or the artist even though he managed to get hold of a copy.

It's quite a fascinating deck out of China with majors resembling Thoth somewhat and the minors following Pamela Colman Smith. I wouldn't call it a clone though.

AnjouTwo

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of this deck or been able to purchase a copy. Adam McLean says he couldn't get through to the publisher, or the artist even though he managed to get hold of a copy.

It's quite a fascinating deck out of China with majors resembling Thoth somewhat and the minors following Pamela Colman Smith. I wouldn't call it a clone though.

Oddly, I was just looking through this deck. It's hard to know how many copies the Jiangsu Literature and Art Publishing House (江苏文艺出版社) issued of this deck, although the art is lovely and somewhat unusual.

The copy I have (in the magnetic clasp box) has a strange double border. The inner border has the card name and number, but there is a white border around this which is somewhat uneven throughout the cards in my deck. It's likely a publishing error and perhaps the reason it's scarce. Will it be reissued? Given that the publication date is 2012 I couldn't guess.

Aaron Carson

Will it be reissued? Given that the publication date is 2012 I couldn't guess.

Adam McLean, the Tarot collector and Tarot blogger also seems to try to reissue decks which have fallen by the wayside. He said in his blog he'd been trying to contact the publisher, and or the artist but hadn't received a response. Fingers crossed though. I love that High Priestess with the lizard drinking from the pool with the moon reflected in it.

Aaron Carson

Can I ask how you managed to get a hold of a copy?

AnjouTwo

Can I ask how you managed to get a hold of a copy?

I was given a copy from a friend who works for Llewellyn Worldwide. I don't know if it was sent to the publisher or if she acquired it elsewhere.