Night Tide

nisaba

photokat said:
And why are you watching stuff like this, Nisaba?
<testily> I thought I made it perfectly clear I WASN'T watching it, it just happened to be on in the background. The reading was almost all that I saw.

The tragic voices of the male and female leads (both of whom seemed to have low energy levels and a total lack of enthusiasm about life) didn't make for tempting me to turn around, only the promise of a reading did.

Debra

The sailor suit is quite tight. Dennis Hopper seems to be channeling Marlon Brando and James Dean, both. He's certainly not "acting."

I got so excited by the bongo drum dance that I misspelled "ecstasy."

Crap. How do you spell "misspell"?

nisaba

photokat said:
It's quite the sight. And perhaps what the term "erotic ecstasy" is referring to.
I think it's that moment when she steps out of the bathroom (okay, I turned around twice - I have good personal radar for undressed women).

Think about it. All the woman with the atrocious (and incidentally dry) hair was wearing was a neck-to-knee bathtowel. I couldn't see a thing - that's erotic, isn't it? Then when he followed her wet footsteps ... in life, the first few footsteps would have been wet, then her feet would have dried. He tracked her by the perfectly wet footsteps for *miles*. Which implies she was ... er ...

leaking?

They tell me that's because of erotic.

nisaba

Debra said:
Crap. How do you spell "misspell"?
Perfectly. How do you spell it? <grin>

Debra

Nisaba, dear, you misheard. It's not the World that's the trouble, it's the cards surrounding it. This might make perfect sense if it weren't a Celtic Cross. But she is no mere fortuneteller--she is a clair-voyant and cartomancer. She takes her profession very seriously. I think she's a doll. And earlier in the film, she wears a hat to die for--somewhat like a large mat of hairy moss, but with panache.

nisaba

<grin> I would have loved to see a hat like that - my friend, also a reader, has red hair like a large mat of hairy moss with panache.

Le Fanu

Debra said:
The sailor suit is quite tight.
Just nipped home in my lunch hour so I might just find the time...

Debra

Here it is. Mossy hat AND tight sailor pants, both.

eta: The pic doesn't do justice to his bum. Also, the fab "wild bongo drum dance on the beach at night" scene cannot be captured in a single frame.

This would be a cult classic if only we could find the right cult.

Attachments

• compressed mossy hat and tight pants.jpg
    compressed mossy hat and tight pants.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 106

photokat

Debra said:
eta: The pic doesn't do justice to his bum.

LOL! I was searching for a good bum shot in that sailor suit to convince Le Fanu to finally bust out those pistachios.
Then I gave up.
He looks hot.
End of story.

nisaba said:
What did you think of her kooky reader's outfit, though - camp doesn't even *begin* to cover it.

OK - let's talk about that JEWELRY - especially that head piece.

http://photokat.com/offline/tarot/jewelry

And the clothing ... I couldn't quite take a look at it because I was so distracted by that wallpaper.

Lee

Wikipedia says the film is American.

Someone named Marjorie Cameron was in the film -- was she the one who gives the reading? She seems to have been an interesting person and not at all surprising that she would be familiar with tarot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marjorie_Cameron