Nine of Rods and Relationships?

Seaberry86

I'm a rookie.

I did a relationship spread and I'm confused about is the final result of the relationship. I wound up with the nine of rods.

Does this mean that there will be a lot of fighting in the future?

PAMUYA

There might be walls up, being worried, battle worn, trust issues?

Seaberry86

There might be walls up, being worried, battle worn, trust issues?

Thanks for replying!

There have been some trust issues. How does that affect the relationship as a whole if it were the outcome?

SilverSquirrel

Thanks for replying!

There have been some trust issues. How does that affect the relationship as a whole if it were the outcome?

The tarot only deals with possibilities... it's like doing a weather forecast. From a certain point in time and space, you can take a snapshot of what the potential outcome will be if things continue as they are. But just by taking a peek, you are likely to change that outcome because you gain insight and base future actions on how you'd like things to be. So don't worry too much, IMO, about the outcome of your spreads, but use them to better understand what you want to change, based on how you feel about what you see.

Hah. Sorry if that was patronizing. I just don't think you should feel like the cards determine things. After all, how often is the weather forecast wrong? YOU affect the outcome more than the pictures on the cards.

PAMUYA

Thanks for replying!

How it effects the outcome is how the person(s) deal with these issues. Are they strong enough to let them go?, be a martyr?, or forgive?, it will be a stressful journey, the outcome is in their hands.

Trogon

As Pamuya said, I would probably see this as there being trust issues. I would wonder if one of them was feeling very put-upon, taken for granted and unappreciated - they might start feeling overly defensive against any form of criticism.

Another thought occurs to me though. One person in the relationship might be feeling as though they are under attack from someone outside the relationship. There is a TV show on here in the US now called "monster-in-laws" - about in-laws who are ... well, monsters. I haven't watched the show, but have seen many adverts for it. Something like this could be the case. Either an in-law, or maybe a friend of one of them, or an ex-lover could be causing one (or maybe even both) of them to feel they are under attack and so must guard themselves (and their relationship) against this person.

DownUnderNZer

The tarot only deals with possibilities... it's like doing a weather forecast. From a certain point in time and space, you can take a snapshot of what the potential outcome will be if things continue as they are. But just by taking a peek, you are likely to change that outcome because you gain insight and base future actions on how you'd like things to be. So don't worry too much, IMO, about the outcome of your spreads, but use them to better understand what you want to change, based on how you feel about what you see.

Hah. Sorry if that was patronizing. I just don't think you should feel like the cards determine things. After all, how often is the weather forecast wrong? YOU affect the outcome more than the pictures on the cards.

SilverSquirrel...very reassuring words indeed...and you are absolutely right. Not everything is set in stone....

I have gotten a few "worrying spreads" over the passed month yet when I asked about making CHANGES the RESULTS actually did a twist and turn and came out POSITIVE. So, I reckon if you know what could happen if things arent right, then TURN IT AROUND and see what happens then... :)

SilverSquirrel

SilverSquirrel...very reassuring words indeed...and you are absolutely right. Not everything is set in stone....

I have gotten a few "worrying spreads" over the passed month yet when I asked about making CHANGES the RESULTS actually did a twist and turn and came out POSITIVE. So, I reckon if you know what could happen if things arent right, then TURN IT AROUND and see what happens then... :)

Good Deal, DownUnderNZer. :) Sounds like you're very pro-active with your readings. I love that. If ever I go pro, I'll make it my mantra that everything the cards reveal is an opportunity to create positive change.

I love Luminescence's "Harsh Truths" spread where she stipulates that if you don't like the cards that are given to you revealing "How things really are" and "what you don't want to see" you draw cards for how to change it, and do that for as many positions as you'd like. And considering some of the harsher cards IN the tarot, that's a wise approach.

Hah. Back in the day, the death card really did have people convinced they would get hit by a train or something. You can give yourself cancer if you believe in it enough. Voodoo works like that. Scary!

LovelyMissAries

I'm a rookie.

I did a relationship spread and I'm confused about is the final result of the relationship. I wound up with the nine of rods.

9 of Wands is far from fighting. The energy to fight is there but who will make the first move? Also, wands doesn't always represent 'fighting', it's energy just like any of the other suits. In that context you could look at the 9 of Wands as there being a lot of nervous, unsure, cautious energy. It is the point right before the straw breaks the camel's back; the relationship may be hanging by a thread before one cuts it loose.

Sulis

I'm a rookie.

Thanks for replying!

Nines relate to The Hermit and they're about assessment - looking back at how we got to where we are now before the next cycle begins..
So as an outcome I'd say this means that there has been a lot of hurt in this relationship.. You've managed to get through it but yes, there are trust issues and you're not sure how you feel - you're expecting to be hurt again..
You're using a Hanson Roberts deck - look at the image on the card: The guy has been through a lot, he's battle scarred and weary and he's hoping that the barriers he's put up will be enough to stop more pain and hurt but he's not sure. Things could be OK or the next blow could come at any time... Does this sound like how you feel? You've put up barriers and you may not really trust the person you're in a relationship with not to hurt you again...
You have things that you need to work through if you're going to be able to move on in this relationship...

Attachments

• 9 of Rods - Hanson Roberts.jpg
    9 of Rods - Hanson Roberts.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,495