Northern Territory government to repeal centuries-old witchcraft, tarot card law

re-pete-a

I checked out that link ... what can I say...it all makes prefect sense now...

Your the mathematical wizz Ravenest...could that apply to Tarot as well ?

Was it Winnicot that has suggested that "The mind arrives AFTER the problem has happened."

My mind has finally arrived ...I think...now, where's that problem gone?

ravenest

Moi ? ... Mathematical wiz? No way. I only know one person here who that link would have made sense to.

I guess I should have said , the 'budget people' arent in trouble for predictions because they can 'prove' their method (even though they get it wrong) , yet, the algebra of economic government predication is just as 'weird' to me as Tarot probably is to The Hon Joe Hockey MP. ... I was being sarcastic
'

re-pete-a

Nooo...that ain't you ...

Besides if anything. We're not witches...we're warlocks...door locks , padlocks, diff locks,fetlocks or should be locked up.... something locked anyway ?

Besides, those laws don't apply to nut cases ...Which I readily admit to being ...

starburst_au

Interesting link!

Thanks for sharing. I wasn't even aware of this Act and i'm Australian lol.

I found this regarding laws relating to 'witchcraft' in Australia:

http://askanthony.weebly.com/australian-witchcraft-laws.html

I'm going to have a google to see if any Australian's, especially Indigenous Australian's have been convicted under this Act.

If anyone is aware of any links, post em or share them?

Cheers,
SB

Jes

I live in Alice Springs, Central Australia in the Northern Territory. I recall this being in a newspaper many months ago. It became a bit of a joke simply because the government made a big deal of this, yet the real issues that face Territorians still go unaddressed or get messed around.

starburst_au

I live in Alice Springs, Central Australia in the Northern Territory. I recall this being in a newspaper many months ago. It became a bit of a joke simply because the government made a big deal of this, yet the real issues that face Territorians still go unaddressed or get messed around.

Sad but true!

The Northern Territory is kinda left to their own devices a lot of the time UNLESS the govt. wants to impose an 'intervention' *rolls eyes*

Jes

Sad but true!

The Northern Territory is kinda left to their own devices a lot of the time UNLESS the govt. wants to impose an 'intervention' *rolls eyes*

I know right. I do get that this law is outdated and its great that the ntg have recognized this but gosh, in the grand scheme to me this is a grain of sand. So many other things would be better focused on.
In my opinion lol

re-pete-a

Interesting link!

Thanks for sharing. I wasn't even aware of this Act and i'm Australian lol.

I found this regarding laws relating to 'witchcraft' in Australia:

http://askanthony.weebly.com/australian-witchcraft-laws.html

I'm going to have a google to see if any Australian's, especially Indigenous Australian's have been convicted under this Act.

If anyone is aware of any links, post em or share them?

Cheers,
SB

A very informative link...Thanks.

ravenest

Exactly! I was going to answer the questions re indigenous Australians and this law by saying that some dont seem to need any law to lock the inidgenous up or stifle their rights :mad: