Now that I am officially an "amateur" again...

blackroseivy

...I will just say this: at LEAST, I do NOT have to deal anymore with the "difficult" ones!

McReadings are NOT satisfying to do, anyway. (I was a Kasamba-ite.)

That there may be virtues to extol vis-a-vis amateurdom, I have certainly decided in the affirmative. :D

There is so much more sincerity on the part of someone who is getting a reading without that whole $$$ fouling things up, trying to get BANG for their BUCK - anybody here know what I mean? This, at any rate, is what my experience of online reading has been. No serious seekers - not a single one - nothing but "He doesn't love me anymore, will he come back?" "Will he ever leave his wife?"

Whine on, harvest moon, to quote (GACK) G. Bush Sr...

Ah yes, the whineage. Urk.

I had pretty much a 98% ***** rating, though of COURSE there were those who showed up "testing" me, & wanting to see some PARTICULAR THING - & didn't get it, so wound up rating me *, or, worse - refusing to pay. (Lost about $98 that way - fortunately that only happened 1x.)

So: Let's HEAR it for AT!! *YAAAAY* :D

The way I see it, both reader & subject get SO much more out of it here than there.

I hope to 1 day have a practice that is LIVE, which will eliminate a lot of the dissatisfaction I have with the set-up at Kasamba - though of course, it will have its own set of problems, alongside some of the same, at least sometimes...

For now, I am happy to do readings here. :)

The crowned one

You can not beat live readings for the sheer thrill of watching a face drop in amazment....or occasionally disgust ;)but I too love reading here, I am surprised how much more focused I get when I am not interrupted with questions. I wish I had more time to do them here.

willowfox

blackroseivy said:
So: Let's HEAR it for AT!! *YAAAAY* :D

The way I see it, both reader & subject get SO much more out of it here than there.

Yeah AT is the place to be but Kasamba makes you money even if you don't like it.

The crowned one

willowfox said:
Yeah AT is the place to be but Kasamba makes you money even if you don't like it.

At 20.00 bucks a minute too... WOW.

MoonLitCrystal

Wow, I didn't even know a site like Kasamba existed. Guess I have to crawl out from under the rock a little more often...

I agree that AT is a wonderful place to read. There is (at least for me) no pressure to "wow" someone here. We all know how it feels to be the Tarot reader, most of us are on the newer side, and we are all learning every single day. This is common knowledge around here and we respect each other for it.

Plus, like you said, the money isn't there to complicate things. I admit that even when I go to someone and pay for a reading, I expect to be impressed. The way I see it is, "If you are charging money for your readings, they must be worthwhile!" ;) And you know how it goes: the reading could honestly be worthwhile, but the querent may not see it that way!

willowfox

MoonLitCrystal said:
Wow, I didn't even know a site like Kasamba existed. Guess I have to crawl out from under the rock a little more often...

There are other sites that do readings for money and on eBay you can find loads of people who do readings, its a very busy market.

blackroseivy

Yes, true!!

Well.

I only charge about 2.00 a minute - NOT ENOUGH for all the aggravation!

My following wouldn't pay me no $20 per min., I was only there for a couple of years & you need all kinds of rep for THAT to go down!!

So:

What I am doing is this.

I am going to leave my profile there for a couple of years - & just uninstall the software from my 'puter.

THAT way, my profile is still there - along with my FB.

Whereas if my profile got taken down altogether, I'd have to start all over again - FROM SCRATCH!!

So, the profile stays - but I go.

Well, we will see... ;)

Tarotphelia

blackroseivy said:
.. nothing but "He doesn't love me anymore, will he come back?" "Will he ever leave his wife?"

...there were those who showed up "testing" me, & wanting to see some PARTICULAR THING ...

Yep - that's them alright. Human beings .
You were expecting somebody else ?

The serious seekers are few and far between , generally speaking, amongst the population . If it were not true, there would be so much for me to watch on tv and it would all make me feel good .

MoonLitCrystal

willowfox said:
There are other sites that do readings for money and on eBay you can find loads of people who do readings, its a very busy market.

Yeah, I've seen the eBay ones. I just didn't realize that there were whole sites devoted to networking everyone together like that.

blackroseivy

I dunno, DI - yes, human beings, but I think of a particular type that is attracted by this particular set-up. Live readings certainly do carry similar hazards, but there are compensations. That's the only point I was trying to make.