Observations of the 9 of swords

SweetLove14

In the Rider Waite Deck- There is a person in anguish from a dream, or its hard to sleep. From what I observe its a card of guild. Perhaps the swords are trophies of winning a competition. And of course this means the swords can come from the victims of this person. Now they are sad they have been in such places in the first place. On there bed they are reminded that they (shouldent of gotten in such places in the the first place)are the successor as it shows a battle and realy close up this looks like a person from the 4 of cups fighting. They have a deep regret. On there blanket are the astro signs of the people they defeated perhaps?
This is just one of the interpritations of the card that I get.
Use your imagination for the cards...this stems from intuition....
What do you see?
SW14

GreenMoonBeam

SweetLove14 said:
It shows a battle and realy close up this looks like a person from the 4 of cups fighting. They have a deep regret. On there blanket are the astro signs of the people they defeated perhaps?
This is just one of the interpritations of the card that I get.
Use your imagination for the cards...this stems from intuition....
What do you see?
SW14

And as part of the base of the bed, or I see it as a divan.... therefore not as
safe/comfortable as a bed...secure maybe? there is a sketch of two people and a cup. One person is in a defensive position while the other has an aggressive stance and a spear which appears to be about to be thrown. It is as if the thrower wants to protect the cup. As for the swords, I have always seen them as a barrier.... that they must be removed to have victory. Not that they were won in conquest.

minrice

There is a really good study group thread on the RWS 9 Swords! They go into the symbolism on the bedspread and the carvings on the bed. You can find it here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=15934

I was looking at it this morning actually as I was looking for details on the bedspread.

poivre

I've read somewhere about the 9 of Swords and use this all the time
now for my readings...

"cut the load or be buried by it"

All of the swords are thoughts...9 are endings
- let go of your thoughts or you will be consumed by them.
- let things be as they are, that's just the way it is
- let go and move on into a new space of thought

Easier said than done, but that's one way of looking at his card! :D

ros
:)

poivre

...if you don't find a way to cut the load or let it go, the next card
10 of Swords... will do the cutting for you, you will not have a choice.

Just an extra idea for you.

ros
:)

Raindance

The 9 of Swords is the long, dark night of the soul.