Oh no please help

Lourdez

Ive switched off from being able to use Tarot Cards :( what had happened to me!!!

It all started with moving house. The house we moved to is so so energetically clean and has made me see so much more clearly I have no interest in my over 120 decks of tarot oracle or lenormand:(

Now what? How can something I love after such a long time switch off. I've tried getting back into it but can't!! I read and I'm switched off. I have no interest anymore:( so I keep the decks sell the decks give the decks away????? What a weird thing to write as I could never understand why or how anyone would part with a deck let alone all ever ever ever!!!!!!!!

The thing is I've lost my trust I don't even find tarot accurate anymore..........

Has this happened to anyone? Will I regret selling everything?

Lourdez

Sorry about the grammar and spelling :( see I've gone nuts!

Laura Borealis

You will regret selling them! I think you just need time. Time to adjust and chill out and make your new home truly yours. And I think your tarot interest will come back. Taking a break from it can actually be a good thing.

*hugs* It will be okay.

WalesWoman

I haven't moved, but I haven't touched any of my decks in ages. They are gathering dust and can't seem to make myself want to touch them or shuffle or read with them. I think I don't want to know anything. I could probably read for someone else, but no one asks me to so the only tarot I have done in the past year is think of answers to people's questions about various meanings of cards in the Using Tarot Card section.

I too have thought seriously of getting rid of all the decks I have no attachments to, I do definitely have my favorites that I can't contemplate not having but there are scores of decks I could really give a fig about and just have them out of possessiveness. Last time I sold decks, I regretted doing it... so I tell myself they will be some crazy legacy for my kids.

It's funny, I was thinking this afternoon what happened to my tarot passion, that all consuming need, that tarot lust? Is it like falling in love, once the chemistry levels out and becomes something that doesn't turn me on anymore? I miss it, but I just can't seem to get that old feeling back.

Lourdez

But the thing is I can't even read for others:(
Maybe I need to concentrate on a different deck and have a break from Rider:( oh I am a drama queen I know but this is BIG my only gift has turned off???? Well I felt tarot wAs a gift because it's a hobby not everyone could do. Oh what a pain I'll have to wait and see.

danieljuk

sorry to hear that Lourdez!
there is many threads started on AT by people who just cannot read anymore or decide to take a break from it. I think it's really common. Like Laura said, don't panic about it! there is times when we need a break!

There is times in our life when I think we really need the cards and times when we don't! don't worry about it and have a break. Hopefully you will come back to it in future.

There was a thread a while ago about decks and people tend to make huge collections. But when you get over a certain number you get bored of it all. I think that number is around 30 on average. Then people tend to sell of what they don't want. just keep the decks that mean something to them or they really love.

I think what you are feeling is really common Lourdez. Have a bit of a break and come back and hopefully it will come back to you :)

PathWalker

POLITELY SNIPPED
.....There was a thread a while ago about decks and people tend to make huge collections. But when you get over a certain number you get bored of it all. I think that number is around 30 on average. Then people tend to sell of what they don't want. just keep the decks that mean something to them or they really love.....

Speak for yourself -( said in happy joking friendly way) I love every one of my 350 decks, really I do, although my buying is much more focussed now, but that's a function of already having a lot of decks I like.

To address Lourdez questions - I think if it was me I would think about whether I'm the kind of person who really "gets into things" and then gets bored of them. Do you have passing fads about other things?

If not, then maybe you do need the break that others have described.
Or find other ways just to enjoy the cards, without pressurising yourself about readings. Maybe get out several packs and compare the cards; which is you favourite Fool, or you favourite Cups representation for example?
Do you like books? You could maybe read about tarot, or try a workbook like "Tarot for yourself" or something - use the cards in a different way.
Or put them away completely and see how that feels in a few weeks time.

I wouldn't get rid of any decks yet - give your self some time, or you might find your interest comes back and you really regrets parting with them. But know that when you're ready, you can do what you want :)

Take care

Pathwalker - happy collector

kmartin60

Dont! trust me.....

Dont do anything with them! Dont sell, give away or nothing with them! I just recently (2013?) gave away my entire collection (close to or over 100 decks) because of reasons that were good logical reasons at the time but have deeply regreted it since!

So if nothing else have a big box stashed in bottom of a closet.....:)

danieljuk

Speak for yourself -( said in happy joking friendly way) I love every one of my 350 decks, really I do, although my buying is much more focussed now, but that's a function of already having a lot of decks I like.

I wouldn't get rid of any decks yet - give your self some time, or you might find your interest comes back and you really regrets parting with them. But know that when you're ready, you can do what you want :)

Take care

Pathwalker - happy collector

sorry I didn't meant to make that seem to get rid of them! :D
but the interesting thing in this old thread was that many many people are getting rid of their collection. They felt it was time and it horrified me (I only have 10 decks currently). But it's sort of going minimal type thing!

and like Pathwalker said Lourdez, don't be rash! you might feel very differently when all settled into your new place x

celticnoodle

(((Lourdes)))

don't part with any of your decks. Keep them. You're just in a funk, and it will change and you'll get back to reading the cards and enjoying htem again.

I was in the same situation with reading tarot, doing psychic readings and my mediumship. I just stopped. I couldn't do it anymore. At first, I was not even that upset by it--(not long mind you), but then I began to worry about it. I'm still not back to where I was yet--and its been awhile!!! But, I know it'll come back to me. I really needed a break--though I did and didn't want that break. (follow me?)

So, give it time. Don't panic. Keep your decks. Perhaps do something a bit different for a time. Perhaps meditation. Then, adding tarot to your meditations? Or try getting into crystals or healing--then in time adding tarot into that? something of that nature.

I am told that my abilities will come back to me, but that I needed to explore and take a new road on the path of healing. I'm very slooooow moving into that--because the psychic mediumship was my 'baby'. I LOVED it. But, I see now that it also consumed me and left little time to delve into something new, that I didn't think I even wanted to do!

At any rate, don't worry. rest awhile. then find something new to explore. after awhile of exploring that, incorporate your love of your tarot cards into that new enterprise.