Oh, the Pain! a.k.a. Losing Homemade Cards

Fairawen

Ow. Ow ow ow OW.

I'm no great artist. But, some months ago, I was inspired by Chronata's Minute Deck, and decided to try my hand at a few cards. No harm in trying, right?

I started out with Death. Always wanted to try drawing a Death card that suits *my* image... it was a graveyard in the backroung, with a dark, hooded and cloaked figure in the foreground. You couldn't see his face, but his sharp, poingaint eyes glared out from beneath the hood. In his hand was a sword, dripping blood on to the ground. But from the blood sprang forth flowers. A tree was behind him, barely visible. Only a stump of it was left, obviously cut in half, but a new tree had overtaken it and had begun to grow as well.

Sounds purty. Wasn't really that great, but I loved it. I started on, of all things, 10 of Wands next. Was basically the classic picture- showed ten stacks of hay, or sticks, piled up, and a man had one pile slung over his back, and was struggling with it.

One thing. None of the people I drew had faces. I can't do faces well at all, so I simply leave them out. Besides... it definetly seems more my style to have them without faces.

Anyway. For fear of tearing, bending, or whatnot, I put the two cards in a book of mine. Only... it was a library book.

I returned that library book a week later, having forgotten the cards were inside.

OH! *cries* The pain... I've tried to duplicate them, but to no avail. Whatever artist abilities I had are now in mourning, and are unable to hold a pencil with any sort of ease.

Ow.

~A~

Elven

Fairawen :D

Im sorry to hear that you lost your cards - but maybe you didnt draw them for you. I'm imaging the look on the persons face who picks up that book and finds those cards - possibly it was meant for them - and they will find inspiration in what you have drawn.

Look for the pale grey librarian next time you're in there carrying a ton of books ;) :p

Blessings
Elven x

Eco74

Look at it like this;

Your art is already making its way out into the world.
Surely you can't deprive it of more of your creations now that they've worked so hard to get out there.. ;)

bleuivy

Oh no! Your cards sound gorgeous.

And yet, I'm with Elven on this one. Imagine the person who next checks out the book opening it and finding those wonderful cards. It might be their first introduction to tarot. They might start researching what the cards are and end up buying a deck for themselves!

I'm smiling just thinking about it. :)

Fairawen

Ahhh. I suppose that is a better way to look at it. I kept thinking of some librarian opening the book, looking at some pieces of foreign art, and just tossing them in the garbage... *shiver* But the idea that it might picque someone's interest.... :) Makes me smile too. I really do hope they had a nice fate!

Thanks guys, for making me feel better about my little card's destines. :D I owe you another one.

~A~

Lillie

If you get back to the library quick, might your cards not still be in the book, sitting on a shelf waiting for you?

Or is it the sort of book that would have been took out again already?

Or perhaps they were handed in by someone who found them?

tarotbear

Lillie and I had the same thought - go to the library! Maybe no one else has taken out that book since you returned it!

Hope springs eternal :)

HudsonGray

The Half Price Bookstore near me has a whole wall of photos they've found in books people have turned in, so possibly the library will keep the pictures (if they found them) for a short while in case the person who lost them comes looking--for all they know it was an art project of some sort.

CALL them, ask if they found any & if they held onto the pictures. Then go down and look in the actual book, as well, just to be sure. Don't count them as 'gone' till you've at least done both these things.

Kanntara

I know of people (who have incomplete decks), take some of the loose cards and go to the library and stick the cards in the books. They had quite a bit of fun too picking books to go with the cards if I remember correctly!

Fairawen

Hmm. Well, our library isn't *extremely* crowded. Unfortunatly, this was a few monthes ago now, and I haven't been able to get back to that specific library. (Can't drive, and my Mom has been taking us to a better library recently.)

When I finally get to that library, I *will* look. Maybe, just maybe, i'll be lucky and can scan up the cards, and post 'em here on At. *Ahhhh* That'd be nice.

~A~