Ok, a new one now:

blackroseivy

...How about when they will come with a question, then sit there & say absolutely NOTHING except "thank you" at the end?????

Is this another learning experience, I wonder?

This is a particular hazard on the internet, I do believe...

magpie9

It happens face to face, too.It drives me a little crazy. At some point I usually loose patience with the profound silence, and ask something like, "Is this making sense to you?" I usually find out that they don't know it's OK to talk, comment question, etc.
I don't always ask if they've had had readings before, or tell them that it's good for them to be interactive during the reading. And when I don't, it's on me---for assuming.

blackroseivy

So *that's* what it is!!

I will certainly keep that in mind from now on!

magpie9

It's annoying as hell, when you can't assume someone will use common sense, isn't it? :D

gregory

If it is a first experience - I do think it gets some people like being in church - they think silence is required of them. Or that you need silence to do your thing. Silence on the internet - what can I say - I suppose it can all be a bit scary... I do remember being really worried the first time I posted feedback.... Would it be OK ? Would I be hexed if I didn't say it was all spot on (no, not really - but I can see someone might be afraid of that !) or even - "well, this doesn't sound right, but the reader knows everything; I shall have to rethink my entire life....." that's enough to shut anyone up !

We should remember that querents can be seriously in awe of readers. Scary people..... with magic cards....

ArwenNightstar

danubhe said:
...How about when they will come with a question, then sit there & say absolutely NOTHING except "thank you" at the end?????

Is this another learning experience, I wonder?

This is a particular hazard on the internet, I do believe...

I do not deliver pronunciations from on high. I ask questions and interact with my clients.

When I am doing my Internet readings, I do the same thing. I type it exactly as if I were talking to them. I get more feedback this way and it makes me feel more in control of the reading.

If someone wants to be utterly silent,then ok, but they are going to get less of a reading because a good reading is an exchange of energy. :)

ArwenNightstar

gregory said:
We should remember that querents can be seriously in awe of readers. Scary people..... with magic cards....

Very good point!! I open my readings by telling my clients that I read fast so they need to stop me and ask questions. I immediately take away the OOKY-SPOOKY part. ;-)

blackroseivy

Ok - still being fairly new to professional reading, I will have to attempt you guys' methods.

Grizabella

I think I'll try the "I read fast so you need to stop me and ask questions". I not only read quickly, I type 90wpm too, so even though they appreciate that, it doesn't give me much feedback time. I don't want to slow my typing-----for one thing, it's almost impossible since I've been typing for about 45 years and for another, I'm paid by the minute online so one of the things in my favor with clients in my ratings is my quick typing. I've been wondering how to get more interaction going on, so this may just be it.

blackroseivy

Been typing since I was a kid, you'd think I could stop making mistakes, but I just can't - though my thyping is pretty fast anyway. But I'm yet to be complimented on my typing skills! :p