One deck for all?

lark

One deck will do I agree.
Although I have certain long time clients that have become attached to certain decks..so for me it's not so much what deck for what question, but what decks for what client.

SunriseDesire

ty guys. You helped me!

MareSaturni

One deck is all the you need, actually. The rest is extra.

One tarot deck can be used to answer to any question, as long as you feel connected to the deck and find it readable.

nisaba

Apollonia said:
I could definitely use just one deck (I only use two for clients as it is.) Having more than one is a luxury, not a necessity.
Ditto.

Like one set of clothes. Any more than that is just indulgence <grin>.

firecatpickles

I have one pair of underwear...

...for each day of the week.

Chronata

Just one is all ya need.

But...sometimes I like to get different opinions...hence all the oracles! :D

zephyr

I use more than one deck. I always have one deck on me when I do a reading because sometimes the cards just don't "talk" to me. I usually use my RWS or golden Visconti-Sforza. It also depends on my mood and the question.

SunChariot

SunriseDesire said:
Do any of you find you need a deck for different kinds of questions, or can one deck be all you need?

Im posting a lot of questions lately, I apoligize. Im returning to tarot after a hiatus so, you know how it is.....
First of all there is nothing wrong with posting a lot of questions. That is why this forum is here, to ask and answer questions. It'd be a pretty boring place if no one started new threads.

Next, to answer your questions: Yes and Yes.

Yes I personally find I need a variety of decks to read at my best, different ones for different questions, moods etc. I need to sense before I start a reading which deck will be best for it. That is what works best for me personally.

Yes one deck can be all you ever need. There are many people who read happily wtih one deck all their lives and it meets their needs perfectly and they are very content that way.

The thing to remember in Tarot is that there is no right or wrong way to do things. What works best for one person may not work well for another. No one can tell you what is right for you or what will work best for you. You have to find that out for yourself by trying out new things and finding out inside yourself what kind of reader you naturally are.

Barbara

gregory

I COULD manage on one as long as it was the BBC :D but I would MUCH rather not.

That said, to be honest, I think I could manage with quite a few "only ones", as long as they had illustrated pips.....