One Sentence, One Card

Free Spirit

Hi there,
I'm fairly new here.
I've been practicing on and off for quite a few years, just dabbling really.
And now want to take things to the next step.
I'm working with the Fey Tarot at the moment.
I really like these cards. And I feel I get alot out of them.
The trouble is when I'm reading a card, My thoughts on the card tend to be rather limited and end up just being one sentence.
I really would like to eventually become good enough to charge for readings.
But I'm worried that because I'm so limited with my sentences, the person I'm reading for won't feel that my interpretation is as indepth as they would of liked.
Is their anyone who has the same problem?
Or am I just trying to run before I can walk.
I would appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Demon Goddess

Free Spirit said:
Hi there,
I'm fairly new here.
I've been practicing on and off for quite a few years, just dabbling really.
And now want to take things to the next step.
I'm working with the Fey Tarot at the moment.
I really like these cards. And I feel I get alot out of them.
The trouble is when I'm reading a card, My thoughts on the card tend to be rather limited and end up just being one sentence.
I really would like to eventually become good enough to charge for readings.
But I'm worried that because I'm so limited with my sentences, the person I'm reading for won't feel that my interpretation is as indepth as they would of liked.
Is their anyone who has the same problem?
Or am I just trying to run before I can walk.
I would appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Relax. It takes time to see more than just a simple phrase. I personally am not familiar with the Fey tarot, but I know a few who swear by its ability to tell a detailed story.

That said... I've been reading nearly 30 years and sometimes I can look at a card that yesterday I wrote a novel with and all I get today is a single word... Practice... and keep practicing... it'll get better and easier, and then sometimes it'll get hard and dark... it will depend on a lot of things... but the longer you do it, the more you do it, the more able you will become.

Welcome to this wonderful crazy world. :)

Free Spirit

Thanks Demon Goddess, thats helped alot.

GryffinSong

If you haven't looked for tarot books, you might look into some, like Tarot For Yourself. There are others, but I'm sure you'll find references here if you ask or search. They go through a bunch of fun exercises to help you see various ways to read a card. I find that simply looking at a card or two a day, really in detail, and just let your mind go wild. Write down absolutely everything that occurs to you, no matter how silly. This'll give you more ideas for each card.

Good luck!

Free Spirit

Thanks for that.
I've got Tarot for yourself. Just havn't used it for a while.