Only Child and Child Spread

Musie

These two spreads are from the book: "Power Tarot" by Trish MacGregor and Phyllis Vega:

Child Spread:

1-------------2
5------6------7
-----3------4---

1) What the child came into this life to learn
2) Where she/he is now in her/his life
3) Where he/she shines
4) Something about this child you need to know
5) Where she/he is header over the next ______ (state time frame)
6) Something that will impact this child's life over the next ________ (state time frame)
7) What she/he will achieve

Only Child Spread:

1-----2------3
4-----5-------6
----7------8----

1-3) Personality and character traits of your minor or adult child
4) Some past situation or event in your child's life.
5) What is happening now in your child's life.
6) Something that may happen in your child's future
7-8) What you can do to help your child.

This is my first spread posting on this board. Hope I did it right :)

Karenwhe

Don't worry you posted them correctly............ and they are very nice spreads.

Thank you for sharing such wonderful spreads, I don't think that Child spreads have been posted before.

lunalafey

OOOH

I think only children are a minority.....
The only child spread is quite interesting....
Too bad it's for children (babies)...
I'm a pretty big only child, wonder how it can be altered to fit an adult only child.

Karenwhe

I think an adult only child needs a co-dependance relationship spread.

just a thought.

Major Tom

I suspect these spreads would work well for the child in all of us. })

magipixie

Hi,
I had asked about these spreads in another thread, thank you son much for posting them. I believe my son and I will do one tonight. Now I just need to figure out a way to get him to handle the cards for awhile without eating them!!! It won't be easy, at this age everything goes in his mouth! Anyway, thanks alot and Happy New Year.
Blessed Be, Pixie

allibee

magipixie said:
Now I just need to figure out a way to get him to handle the cards for awhile without eating them!!! It won't be easy, at this age everything goes in his mouth!

heheheheh. anything that doesn't fit in the ear or up the nose usually ends up in the mouth, *LOL*

allibee

magipixie

nice spread

I finally used the Child spread for a reading for my son, and I have to say that it worked out really well. It was sometimes hard to relate some of the cards to someone so young, but unfortunately it tends to be that way:( However the spread did tell me that he is coming out of the first phase of his infancy and becoming more independant and that this will probably be a pretty smooth transition for him :) It also showed me that for the sake of my own restless spirit, he really wants me to start focussing more on doing something for myself, perhaps getting a part time job or spending more time on my art. I'm glad I got that from his spread cause that's a hard choice to make:) Just thought you might like to know how well it turned out...and it really was alot of fun. Thanks
Blessed Be, Pixie

13thFaeChylde

(...just bumping this so I can remember to use it on my children)

Sillanza

Another good spread for children ...

... from Power Tarot. It's called the "Traits Spread." The spread below is laid out for two children, but the authors instruct that it's easy to add on cards for as many children as necessary, following the format of the existing layout.

1====2====3
=======4===

5====6====7
=======8===

1-3: Personality and traits of oldest child
4: What you can do to help

5-7: Personality and traits of younger child
8: What you can do to help