opinions neeeded

Do you think a photo on a Tarot web site is helpful to attracting new clients?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SunChariot

Mellaenn said:

By the way - for this, you could maybe have a little inset picture of runes to show that that's an option. Best of luck to you!

Already done. The Runes page has an image of Runes, the Tarot pages of Tarot cards, the Oracle page or an Oralces. and the Angel card page an image of Angel cards. Those have been there for a while, It is just the image of myself I was thinking of adding. :grin:

Babs

Nevada

I wanted to say, a photo of me wouldn't help. :p I imagine a lot of us feel that way. But I voted yes, that it would help, because when I visit tarot sites, photos usually draw me in and help make me feel that there's a real person at the other end of that web page who will listen and be there for clients, not a computer or someone typing out book meanings. So I'd say that especially for email readings where the person won't get to meet you, it's a good idea to have a nice photo. By nice I don't mean I think the person has to be a supermodel, but that a good, presentable, business-like, portrait-style photo is a positive, professional and inviting touch. But a snapshot with bad lighting, a shiny face, or clothing that anyone might take issue with, not good and you'd be better off without it. Also I think that would be the one photo I'd want my hair done special for, every strand in place. (Which means I'd have to pay, and so I probably wouldn't do a photo until I'd made some money reading. :rolleyes: I'm cheap. :laugh: )

Your site is lovely, by the way. Nice job! (I meant to post on your other thread, and never did for some reason.)

By the way, even though you didn't ask this, since it was mentioned -- I detest going to a site and having music automatically play. I sometimes keep my speakers turned up so I'll hear from the other room if I get an email, and music suddenly blasting me isn't fun, no matter how good the music is. Besides I think tastes in music can vary a great deal. Some people also visit sites while on a break at work, and that can be a problem. Embarrassing, annoying to others, etc. It's just not friendly, IMO. I like a silent Internet until I specifically request sound.

tarotlyn

:):heart: Hi! SC...

I havent' decided yet, but I do have a suggestion for you:

go to google images:
http://images.google.com/imghp?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&um=1&btnG=Search+Images

... and type in: "tarot card reader" and take a look at what other tarot readers
have done with their photos...some are pretty "out there" looking! LOL

...maybe you can get some ideas by going to their sites and looking around.

Also...I would go to the large "successful" reading sites and see what they
have done about posting their pictures or not...just google: "best tarot readers"

...just some thoughts for you... (and maybe a good laugh for you too! LOL)

:):heart:tarotlyn

SunChariot

Nevada said:
By the way, even though you didn't ask this, since it was mentioned -- I detest going to a site and having music automatically play. I sometimes keep my speakers turned up so I'll hear from the other room if I get an email, and music suddenly blasting me isn't fun, no matter how good the music is. Besides I think tastes in music can vary a great deal. Some people also visit sites while on a break at work, and that can be a problem. Embarrassing, annoying to others, etc. It's just not friendly, IMO. I like a silent Internet until I specifically request sound.

Me too.

(And I am sure you look much better than you think. We are all our own worst critics when it comes to that)LOL

Babs

SunChariot

tarotlyn said:
:):heart: Hi! SC...

I havent' decided yet, but I do have a suggestion for you:

go to google images:
http://images.google.com/imghp?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&um=1&btnG=Search+Images

... and type in: "tarot card reader" and take a look at what other tarot readers
have done with their photos...some are pretty "out there" looking! LOL

...maybe you can get some ideas by going to their sites and looking around.

Also...I would go to the large "successful" reading sites and see what they
have done about posting their pictures or not...just google: "best tarot readers"

...just some thoughts for you... (and maybe a good laugh for you too! LOL)

:):heart:tarotlyn

Those are some great ideas. I will go follow your advice.:grin:

...just got back. And I found that most sites in the best Tarot sites links, do have photos. I also found that I myself was more drawn to the sites with photos, but again I was more drawn to some people's faces than others, so that is just as confusing. LOL

Anyway, I will post my photos here soon for feedback. :grin:

Babs

tarotlyn

...LOL...so back right where you started! :laugh:
:heart:

SunChariot

tarotlyn said:
...LOL...so back right where you started! :laugh:
:heart:

LOL

Well I will post the photos I had taken, had them professionally taken this weekend, here in the next few days and I hope people can be honest about their feelings on them. And not be too worried about my feelings to be completely honest. My site means the world to me and I don't want to put anything up that will detract from it. My Tarot career is my intended life path, I am sure of that and I only read online so my web site is my main tool to achieving it.

I also need all your help deciding which ones to put. I have three to choose between. I am pretty sure I will add the photo(s), depending on the feedback I get here and elsewhere. I did my best, went to the hairdresser first, dressed up nicely, it's a professionally done photo, but hey I do have 60 lbs more to lose and there was nothign I could do with that at the spur of the moment. LOL

Babs