Oracle De-enabling

Serenia

Oracle of Shadows and Light
Oracle of the Shapeshifters

I can't say anything particularly de-enabling about these... but if you decide in their favour, definitely check out the differences between the Australian and the US versions.

Celtictarot

Conscious spirit oracle. Seen them loved them.

Will I iggy all my over decks?

Penthasilia

Help de-enable me please! On one or both...

Angel Heart Sigil vs Angels of Atlantis oracle...

Would be nice if someone has/had one or both- as I know the illustrations may not work for all- but really want to know the feel/personality and if one or both are a yay or nay.

:p

I could be using the money towards my lenormand wish list- just sayin!

Aivli

Someone... Anyone... Please help to de-enable me for Tea Leaf Fortune Cards. I've been wanting this for a long time... Just because I think I love/am drawn to the artwork. It looks beautiful, but I'm not sure if I will actually use it though. But it's current on sale for $19.95!!! Help!

ana luisa

Anyone have an opinion about the Mythic Oracle? I think it's out as a reprint now.

I had thought of getting it to go with my Mythic Tarot. I love Greek mythology and I think the artist did the Shadowscapes that is so popular. But the art looks like a still from "Xena" so I was turned off.

Does it give great readings?

I have one and have used it very little. It is just OK. It doesn't read easily because often, the images are very unusual if you're used to the RW ones. Also, it never gave me DEEP insights. Just some info on a superficial level. But then, again,I'm not into mythology . Bought it because of the pictures which, in a sense were also disappointing. The faces don't show much expression, and in some cards, they look like mannequins... De-enabling enough for you ?

Aivli

Someone... Anyone... Please help to de-enable me for Tea Leaf Fortune Cards. I've been wanting this for a long time... Just because I think I love/am drawn to the artwork. It looks beautiful, but I'm not sure if I will actually use it though. But it's current on sale for $19.95!!! Help!

Just bumping this up... Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

heron

just plain lame-brained

. . . unless you really like round cards with a caterpillar. That's the only card I can see in this deck with even half-way good artwork. And the interpretations are pretty suspect, too. It seems to me you're really just not getting this whole shaman thing at all if you go for these.

BodhiSeed

The keywords on each card are awful, and terribly limit one's interpretation. The only way I could use them was to scan the card then airbrush the keyword off in Paint. If I could figure out how to trim round cards I would. The hype of this deck did not live up to its reality in my opinion.

Belinda2

Graven Images Oracle

LOL- can I say "yay" in a de-enabling thread??? ;)

I am using it for the deck of the week and have had some very hard, but spot on readings. The only drawback is the very shoddy publishing job- and I mean SHODDY!

The book is printed upside down from the cover, and the cards are on a horrible cheap stock that bends very easily.

But- I would buy it again in a heartbeat- it reads too well for me to ignore.

:)

I agree with you I thought about getting rid of mine but as you say they read to well, very much to the point some times not too nice but they tell it like it is.

Dee Ell

Okay - how's this for crazy. I went into my local metaphysical bookshop to check on my moon paintings metal prints she sells there and she had hung one directly over the oracle decks section. I had given away my Animal Medicine cards (which were given to me) to a friend who loved them (I had pretty much memorized the book and the art is so basic it doesn't allow for much interpretation). The bookstore owner gushed about her Kwan Yin deck, but I found the imagery to be too idealized and similar but it lit this *fire* in me to find a new oracle deck!

So now I've spent all weekend (literally) poring over both oracle decks and tarot decks (I've never owned a tarot deck but always been interested) and LOOKED AT EVERY DECK ON THE HUGE LIST ON THIS SITE!!! yikes.

Here's my dilemma: I can only afford one oracle deck and one tarot deck (and don't like collecting/accumulating things) but I have quite a few that all look enticing to me for different reasons!! (The Tarot decks I want are all out-of-print and uber expensive :( you can see in my thread in the Tarot forum)

So PLEASE tell me any and all nitty gritty on any of these Oracle decks so I can stop thinking about them :)

- TRIPLE GODDESS (it's called a tarot, but I've read it's actually an oracle)

- GODDESS ORACLE (ill. Hrana Janto)

(I feel a real pull toward goddess oracles and LOVE Susan Seddon Boulet's art the best (it's the art/borders of the above two that make me hesitant -- at least from what I can see online) but I read that Boulet's decks suffer from poor printing of her art and I don't like full meanings to be printed on the cards - I prefer intuition and then further (preferably deep) study in the book)

- JOURNEY OF LOVE ORACLE (new one by Alana Fairchild so even if you don't have this one, but care to comment on her writing of companion books I'd appreciate it)

- BOOK OF SHADOWS - AS ABOVE deck (again, it's called a tarot but people are saying it's an oracle)

- MADAME ENDORA'S FORTUNE CARDS