Oracle deck where all the cards make one picture

Myrrha

Does anyone remember which oracle this is?

Not the Russian one where all the little pictures match together but one where the cards have a sort of background scene running through them that links the separate images.

I'm pretty sure there was a thread about it. There is a tradition of card decks where all the cards make a picture and I'm trying to remember the name for this.

thanks!

rif

Oracle Dessuart cards can be combined to look like a single strip. That sounds similar to what you describe but might not be what you're thinking of, if the whole deck should combine like a jigsaw puzzle.

Myrrha

Wow, in the Oracle Dessuart it looks like any cards could be combined to make one strip. Interesting.

That is the kind of thing I was thinking of except in the one I was remembering I *think* the cards had to be placed horizontally in a certain order for it to make one picture. I could be remembering this wrong though.

thanks for answering.

ncharge

I think each of the four suits lined up to create a panarama. I remember seeing it, but I don't remember which deck. It certainly wasn't any of the modern art kinds of decks, and it had scenic pips, and it was standard RW imagery.

ETA: Kahn/Selesnick's quite amazing Eisbergfreistadt Spielkarte. http://kahnselesnick.com/completeset_big.jpg

The Starter Tarot, by George Bennett - minor arcana

And the major arcana of the Grail Tarot

Sinduction

Maybe the Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards?

Here's a link.

Aulruna

Hmmmm. As you say it's not the Russian Gypsy, all I can think about are actually Tarots - the Xultun and the Minotarot, and the Grail Tarot: A Templar Vision.

Lunalyn

ncharge said:
I think each of the four suits lined up to create a panarama. I remember seeing it, but I don't remember which deck. It certainly wasn't any of the modern art kinds of decks, and it had scenic pips, and it was standard RW imagery.

ETA: Kahn/Selesnick's quite amazing Eisbergfreistadt Spielkarte. http://kahnselesnick.com/completeset_big.jpg

The Starter Tarot, by George Bennett - minor arcana

And the major arcana of the Grail Tarot

WOW that is quite stunning.
thanks
lyn

Myrrha

It was the quite amazing Eisbergfreistadt Spielkarte, thanks so much! I thought it was an oracle deck though.

Bernice

Myrrha said:
It was the quite amazing Eisbergfreistadt Spielkarte, thanks so much! I thought it was an oracle deck though.
I have this deck - it's a 52 (playing) card deck. Quite fascinating that people moved onto the iceberg and started up industries on it!

Bee :)

Moonbow

Bernice said:
I have this deck - it's a 52 (playing) card deck. Quite fascinating that people moved onto the iceberg and started up industries on it!

Bee :)

OK spill the beans Bee :)

I'm also intrigued by this deck but I don't see anywhere in the link that ncharge gave that shows where this deck could be purchased.

I've come to realise that I really like pictoral pips in playing cards, which is odd in that in Tarot decks I prefer pips with no picture. Pips and minors fascinate me and I prefer them to the Majors for reading with.