Oracle Decks: Personal Experiences

DownUnderNZer

Is it possible for some of our wonderful AT members to write a little about some of the oracle decks they have, and use, to give other AT members a perspective/idea/intro.

I am on a mission to add to my collection...not that extensive...of some new decks! (Tarot and Oracle...plus!!!)

The new ones Im getting so far as I do tend to like these from seeing them done on here for others, and even myself, plus after taking a good look at them online are:

1) Tea Leaf Oracle
2) Madame Endora

I am truly in pursuit of a good assortment of decks based on what I see visually, done in readings and how those that use them find them to be from their own personal experiences.

I do have mostly Lenormand decks, a few Tarot and a few Oracles and was never interested in having too many until the passed few months. (I have about 12 to 20 decks now, but of ones I have chosen as I connect to them in some way).

Would love others views on the decks they have...like "Wind"...and how these cards perform in readings etc. :)

Chronata

Well...I have more oracles than tarot, because I love that oracles can each have a unique system. At least the best ones do!

Although some don't really have a system to speak of...and I like those too (like Morgan's tarot)

Madame Endora was an instant love for me, because I like the symbolism that is used. I am a huge collector of symbols, and when the deck came out, I was using an oracle on my own devising that had similar symbolism...so I was instantly smitten.

I don't really like the keywords much, but sometimes, if I am using the cards for clarification purposes (like a companion to tarot) those words deliver the perfect message that can not be misinterpreted!

I have another oracle that I love that has no real pictures...simply one word written on the card (like Dreams, or Trust) And I find this one jump starts my intuition is a really positive way as well. Take out the symbols and just get right to the word...and sometimes pictures will arise in my mind.

Then there is the exact opposite...oracles that are all just image... with no words on the front to distract you from making your own interpretations.

I think oracles help me do readings for myself. Tarot is harder for this, because i am too close...and I can see those cards in a whole rainbow range of meanings.

But oracle cards usually have one single meaning (although they can have layers as well) that gets right to the heart of the question.

DownUnderNZer

Thanks Cronata for sharing some of the oracle decks you have...including Madame Endora.

Hoping now to add the black stone lenormand.... :)

Emily

Soul Cards

The oracle I'm using most at the moment are the Soul Cards 1. On the surface these do look like strange cards, no writing on them at all, no interpretations in the LWB. So all you have to go on are your initial reactions to the card imagery. They follow no structure, no safe ground to start you off. At the beginning it can be unnerving not to be able to run to a book to see if you are "doing it right".

But that is the beauty of these cards - there is no right or wrong way. The feelings these cards evoke can be different, sometimes I get the card straight off, sometimes I don't and I put the card to one side and look at it through the day. I always get something from them. I'm still in the early stages of getting to know them but they are fun and interesting to use. I had no expectations so these cards had nothing to live up to but they do amaze me, they make me think and most times they manage to hit on something and I relate to it. Or they really make me think.

I think the most refreshing thing about the Soul cards is there is nothing to learn, no complicated spreads or having to use them in a particular way. *Most Oracles can be hard to learn how to use or use complicated or very involved systems - not so with the Soul cards, just shuffle and go.

toj

I would suggest the Transparent Oracle. I have always stopped short on purchasing the tarot version of this because tarot is more structured to me. But the Oracle works well because you can move the overlapping pictures around on the cards until they make sense and sometimes I have found that being open to moving them around is what brought the insight. This is the only deck I have of any kind where I let the cards speak and don't have a system where it is 1,2,3 or whatever in any type of sequence. The transparency is the plus in this deck because the side by side images don't quite cut it but when they overlap is when the images take on a new life. That may or may not make sense.