Oracles in Tandem

Logiatrix

*Disclaimer* I did a search first, and did not find this topic.
:D
I am wondering if anyone else has tried this...
True to my nature to have to "mess" with things, I have combined three different angel oracles for singular readings.
This is what I mean:
I am using the Healing w/ the Angels (Virtue), The Angel Oracle (Wauters), and Angel Blessings (Marooney). I place each deck next to each other, left to right, and draw a card from each. Then, I read the cards together as one spread.
The decks do not contradict each other, so the messages have meshed well in these 3-card spreads.
Now, I'm trying to think of other oracles that would work well together, perhaps even with the same theme, like faeries or animals.
Any ideas?
:)

Baby Owl

You and I have something in common, Tauni. I too like to "mess with things." :D

You have given me an idea, and now I'm going to try what you did using animal decks. I have Beasts of Albion, Druid Animal Oracle, Wolf Song Cards, and Animal Spirit Knowledge Cards.

Baby Owl

Chronata

I just love my different Oracle cards! (I think I must have more Oracle decks than Tarot!)
And like you, Tauni, I love to combine them as well!

Sometimes I combine them with each other, and sometimes I throw a Tarot in with the mix just to make it more interesting!

Lets see...my favorite combinations are:

Angel Oracle
Healing with the angels
and the Celestial Wisdom Cards
(with the Connolly Tarot if I need to add a tarot!)

Archetypal Reiki cards
And Celestial Wisdom
(occassionally paired with the Osho Zen)

Healing with the Fairies
And the Medicine Cards

Morgan's deck
and Q-Cards
(a very strange...and yet often accurate combo!)

and the Psycards paired with anything!

And I have a lot of other oracle decks that just don't seem to play well with others...like the I Ching cards, Dream Cards and Ouija Oracle cards...
Maybe someday I will find something that works with them too!

Logiatrix

I knew you were out there!

Chronata, Baby Owl--thanks for responding! I will return to this thread if I try any other combinations of divination decks (looks like I'll have to do some more trading! :D ).
I look forward to seeing what you each come up with in your readings; please share whenever you are able...
:)

Cerulean

Good mixers

The Guardians of Wisdom deck is a good mixer with delicate or colorful art, especially in pinkish purple tones or swirly watercolors. Not quite tarot, not quite an oracle. Rather pretty and I use it a word-phrase match with Chinese or Japanese poetry collections by Kenneth Rexworth...and an Asian Anime tarot sometimes.

Another 'pretty' mixer is the Enchanted Tarot by Farber/Zerner with large size majors only. I have the 22 Fiabe or Fairy Tale by Lo Scarabeo and the modernistic abstract paintings seem to contrast well with the pretty tapestry weaves of the Enchanted. Colors also are pink and blue and lavendar tones, rather nice with soft art decks.

The Greenwood is an interesting mixer with same size celtic decks, as it has mostly animals and archetypes...I tried it with the Glastonbury and found it gave an interesting celtic style reading. If I had the Australian animal deck, depending on the size of the cards, I'd enjoy mixing it up with a shamanistic art style deck.

Best wishes,

Mari H.

Baby Owl

Re: Good mixers

Mari_Hoshizaki said:
The Guardians of Wisdom deck is a good mixer with delicate or colorful art, especially in pinkish purple tones or swirly watercolors. Not quite tarot, not quite an oracle. Rather pretty and I use it a word-phrase match with Chinese or Japanese poetry collections by Kenneth Rexworth...and an Asian Anime tarot sometimes.

I did a search for this deck on line and it is REALLY beautiful. Here's a link in case anyone else wants to see it:

http://www.guardiansofwisdom.com/

I've added it to my wish list! Thanks, Mari!

Baby Owl

Astra

I have a set of astrological dice that I like to use from time to time in combination with a Tarot spread (or by themselves, for a real quick take). Sometimes having to wrench my mind around to looking at astrological interps makes a big difference in the depth of the final reading.

Logiatrix

Oh, great--another deck to DROOL over!

Thanks a lot, Mari, Baby Owl...
Baby Owl said:
I did a search for this deck on line and it is REALLY beautiful. Here's a link in case anyone else wants to see it...
[Baby Owl
*GASP*
I just HAD to "click," didn't I?
This Forum is going to be the death of me, I swear...
:D

Chronata

This willlikely be moved to the Oracle Deck section....

I just saw the Guardians of Wisdom cards...they are fabulous!

They look like they would be a great compliment to the Wulfing Angel Oracle, or the Susan Boulet Goddess Knowledge cards!

And I must add that I just got the Madame Endora Fortune Cards, and that they work really well with my Psycards...it's like two long lost friends, when paired together!

dolphingirl

when I am doing a three card reading (using a tarot deck) I will often pull a 4th card from my Self Care cards that I call a (future focus) as an advice card on what you need to focus on for the best possible outcome. I find the Self Care cards are some of my favorite advice cards out there. Unfortunatly I don't know of many other people that use this deck.