Oregon Tarot Readers....

Indigo Rose

Leisa said:
As far as I know there are no laws regarding Tarot Readings in Oregon. Certification has no legal implication at all at this point.

I market myself by website, fliers, and a party directory. I used to read at a shop.

For rates, I'd say $50-$100 per hour is the range for professional Tarot Readings.

In Oregon, if your business name contains your real name you don't need a license. I list myself as an entertainer for tax purposes.

Cheers,
Leisa

Thanks Leisa for the information.
After deeper consideration, I feel the professional reader route is not for me. However, I plan to keep an open mind and see what unfolds down the road.

Thanks again. :)

Blessings~

:heart: indigo rose

Grizabella

When my late husband and I had businesses, we were told that if we didn't use our real name as part of our business name, then we had to register "doing business as" but that doesn't cost anything and we didn't need a business license. I've forgotten why we didn't need a license now, but we did everything according to the law, so there was definitely a reason.

Coming back to add that the last time I started a business was almost 20 years ago, so what was true then may not be true now. (Walking off shaking head at how quickly time passes. Seems like just last month.)