Owners of Lunatic Tarot - help?

Arimaya

Lunatic Tarot - complete!

Those of you who have a Lunatic deck, especially those who bought new ... can someone describe the packaging to me? Also, I saw one post on the forum that one person's came with an extra copy of a card (not the 2 art cards) ... were there many who had extra cards or some missing?

I purchased a sealed deck on ebay, but have found it missing 4 cards. Have written the seller immediately, of course, but still -- wondering if this was a rewrap sneak, or if there really were issues with the printing.

I have no idea how I'd go about finding extras, either way, but the ones missing were:

Hermit
Sun
4 Swords
Page of Cups

Just sick about it really. I have wanted one for years and years :(

prudence

That's a bummer! Thinking about it, I got mine a number of years ago, and I am terrible about checking my new decks to see if all of the cards are there! I should pull it out and go through it.

Arimaya

If you do, I'd be interested to see if yours is packed the same as mine.

Nothing looked "suspicious." Plastic on the outside, covered the cardboard "box" that was open at the top and bottom so the foam holder could be slid out....cards in a smooth cutout in the foam, deck itself also sealed with plastic in that cutout (slight openings at top and bottom of the plastic/shrink wrap).

I've attached photos - you'll see the box had plastic wrap that included that black sticker.

Deck was in soft black/dark grey foam.

Attachments

• sealed box.JPG
    sealed box.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 165
  • sealed deck.JPG
    sealed deck.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 153

prudence

Is this the giant version or smaller edition? I have both, and yeah, I never checked either of them to make sure they were complete.

I'll let you know once I've looked through though.

Arimaya

This is the small version. As I understand it, the "portfolio" edition doesn't actually have the names of the cards on it.

Nica

That is the same box my cards came in, and all were there. I think you just had a faulty one. You should return it and get another one. :)

Arimaya

Nica - thank you that helps me lean toward the "this is an oops!" and not the other more nefarious ideas my mind can come up with.

I purchased this on Ebay, from a seller calling themselves baby_dream, which was the same as a user who used to be active on here with these decks, so I hope it is indeed the same person (based in NY it seems). I have messaged them and am hopeful for a happy resolution, however it might be a bit hairy/take time since the deck shipped from Taiwan.

I see that the seller has another copy listed now, so perhaps they'd be so kind as to break the seal and check a different copy for me.... I've also posted in the suggested missing singles thread, just in case. Fingers crossed!

RiverRunsDeep

Arimaya,

I purchased my Lunatic tarot on ebay as well, from baby_dream. It's the
small version, and all cards are present, including the 2 art cards. I hope you hear from baby_dream soon, and are able to get a new deck!