Page of Cups input?

CallieMyst

I have been reading over my tarot journal today and comparing some recent readings i have done with those i have done in the past month of two.
I noticed a few different cards that came up in those readings more than once and i am trying to get a bit more of an idea about them.

The Page of Cups is one of those cards and it has come up for me in 2 relationship spreads i have done regarding myself and my ex fiance.
By relationship i don't just mean romantically, i have been looking for guidance on how our friendship will be as well so it's not always romantic however it could be that my hopes are coming into play with the readings as well.

I have had the Page of Cups appear a little while ago in the Root Cause position and the just yesterday it came up in the Future position.

I was wondering what your thoughts and ideas are about the Page of Cups, i use the Mystic Dreamer tarot and the image on that depicts a beautiful youthful woman holding up a cup with a radiant blue fish looking out over the top of the cup back at her. There is a faint rainbow behind her over the ocean in the background, and the water of the ocean is neither calm nor raging, it is merely flowing and the sun is making it radiantly sparkly.
It's quite a beautiful card.

The information i have read about this card in guides indicates it represents the likelihood of a reunion with a friend or lover, that the offer of a renewed connection will take place. I wonder if it is more fantasy or wishing that this will occur or does the card stand for the youthful, strong willed passion or desire to achieve that result. A little naively perhaps but with that conviction you get when you put your mind to something you wanted as a teen.

What are your thoughts about this card?

starrystarrynight

I wouldn't discount it suggesting a child's energy. In a Root Cause position, it could be suggesting that your child (though well-loved) has become an issue for your ex. This often becomes the case when a relationship is very changed--and challenged--by the appearance of a baby into the mix.

The Page of Cups could also indicate a new phase or level to an emotional relationship. In the case of its more negative side, it could be that someone is acting childish, spoiled or over-sensitive about something and would prefer going off to sulk about it rather than face it or others involved in the situation.

Sulis

A few suggestions

This card could mean that you're just starting to get in touch with your spiritual side. You're starting to be aware of your inner being and realising that there is more to life than the physical.

I've had this card show up as an advice card before and it's been advising me to either look within and become aware of my deeper feelings or to actually tell someone else how I feel but in a loving, non-confrontational way.

Then again it could be advising you to take on the characteristics of the Page so be open and honest, be creative, be imaginative, try storytelling or anything that gets you in touch with your subconscious or your imagination.
It could be advising you to meditate or to have a childlike naive attitude towards something.

Or as Starrystarrynight says, it could be describing situations. Pages usually show the start of something so it could show the start of emotional feelings about something or someone.

CallieMyst

starrystarrynight said:
I wouldn't discount it suggesting a child's energy. In a Root Cause position, it could be suggesting that your child (though well-loved) has become an issue for your ex. This often becomes the case when a relationship is very changed--and challenged--by the appearance of a baby into the mix.

The Page of Cups could also indicate a new phase or level to an emotional relationship. In the case of its more negative side, it could be that someone is acting childish, spoiled or over-sensitive about something and would prefer going off to sulk about it rather than face it or others involved in the situation.

I can understand what you mean about the child issue, however i am not feeling that is the root cause in this instance, i think your comments about behavior are a lot more spot on for the root cause part, as he had been acting a lot like that instead of talking about things calmly, as well as wanting to run away from the issue when he felt overwhelmed instead of working through it and acknowledging that it will take time for me to overcome being so hurt. He didnt want to face it.

CallieMyst

Sulis said:
This card could mean that you're just starting to get in touch with your spiritual side. You're starting to be aware of your inner being and realising that there is more to life than the physical.

I've had this card show up as an advice card before and it's been advising me to either look within and become aware of my deeper feelings or to actually tell someone else how I feel but in a loving, non-confrontational way.

Then again it could be advising you to take on the characteristics of the Page so be open and honest, be creative, be imaginative, try storytelling or anything that gets you in touch with your subconscious or your imagination.
It could be advising you to meditate or to have a childlike naive attitude towards something.

Or as Starrystarrynight says, it could be describing situations. Pages usually show the start of something so it could show the start of emotional feelings about something or someone.

I think this makes a lot of sense to the future/unresolved factor position of this card for me. We are slowly working at communicating more with each other and i have been making sure i try to express myself in a loving and non-confrontational way to ensure he doesnt keep getting his back up over feelings of guilt that he has right now. It seems to be helping the situation.

maybe it is also signalling that in the future we may be connecting again on that emotional level, if we can get past the hurt and frustrations of the moment.

CallieMyst

Perhaps it's the imagery of my deck which makes me see more romantic connections with these cards than their should be. Thiscard definitely has the imagery of something pretty happy and romantic.

mysticangel_001

double post, sorry

mysticangel_001

One thing that has always stuck with me about the page of cups is from my Mythic Tarot book and it talks about how the page of cups is advising you to learn to love and appreciate yourself because until you can you are not able to truly give love and appreciation to others. You will draw others to you that reflect how you feel about yourself, so if you feel unworthy or have things about yourself that you don't like then the people you attract will either have the same feelings about themselves or they will use those feelings you have about yourself as a weapon against you.

CallieMyst

mysticangel_001 said:
One thing that has always stuck with me about the page of cups is from my Mythic Tarot book and it talks about how the page of cups is advising you to learn to love and appreciate yourself because until you can you are not able to truly give love and appreciation to others. You will draw others to you that reflect how you feel about yourself, so if you feel unworthy or have things about yourself that you don't like then the people you attract will either have the same feelings about themselves or they will use those feelings you have about yourself as a weapon against you.

That's an interesting take on the card that i had not even considered as part of it, it does make a lot of sense though, because that is the basis of being able to go forward in a healthy relationship.

Herzog

A time of "emotional vulnerability", or "extreme sensitivity". Could also suggest a need to connect with dreams; listen closely to your feelings and imagination. But again, vulnerability is the key word, I think