Page of Swords as Asset

Kitichi

Hello,

I was doing a reading yesterday, and while I'm overall feeling pretty good about my interpretation of the reading, I feel that my weakest point was with the "Asset" position. I drew Page of Swords for that position. I have to say, I'm not used to dealing with swords much with this deck (Shadowscapes). I rarely get them and in this case I got 3 court swords (out of a large spread - 8 drawn positions and 2 jumpers).

Ultimately, I interpreted this as being able to take in what I see, assess it logically, and come up with an honest truth. Since it is an asset, I interpret the page more as "youthful energy" in this area (which works to my benefit), rather than youthful naivety or impulsiveness.

Does anyone have any other thoughts or ideas on this interpretation?

tarotcognito

The Page of Swords to me often points to a need for the qualities of the suit of Air - being objective, neutral, level-headed, truthful and direct, but without the bluntness typical of the Knight. Pages often act as messengers, letting us know something that we need to cultivate. He can also signify a person going to school, or going back to school, or taking on a new intellectual challenge.

Just my two cents. :)

Francesca

The Page is, yes, "youthful energy" and Swords indicates intellectual stuff--so as an asset, howz about Curiosity.

caridwen

Hello,

I was doing a reading yesterday, and while I'm overall feeling pretty good about my interpretation of the reading, I feel that my weakest point was with the "Asset" position. I drew Page of Swords for that position. I have to say, I'm not used to dealing with swords much with this deck (Shadowscapes). I rarely get them and in this case I got 3 court swords (out of a large spread - 8 drawn positions and 2 jumpers).

Ultimately, I interpreted this as being able to take in what I see, assess it logically, and come up with an honest truth. Since it is an asset, I interpret the page more as "youthful energy" in this area (which works to my benefit), rather than youthful naivety or impulsiveness.

Does anyone have any other thoughts or ideas on this interpretation?

Are you any good at research? Computers? Communication?

PAMUYA

As an asset I see this Page, as someone who is always on the "lookout", never taking anything at face value. A collector of information, covering your "backside" as they say. This page never wants to been seen as weak, will cover up mistakes. Will speak his/her mind, which is an asset, is youthful but may come across as a "know it all".

nisaba

I feel that my weakest point was with the "Asset" position. I drew Page of Swords for that position.
The ability to be humble and really, really willing to learn from those with more experience.

Kosjitov

Ah, the Shadowscapes deck.

If you look at the card, focus on the page in the picture a bit more closely. You can see the page coddling or protecting the fledgling swan in its lap. Sure, the page is youthful, but they still have something to protect that is younger than they are.

It may mean that you've a tendancy to watch over others/act as a guardian, maybe a big brother/big sister type of role?

Kitichi

Wow, that's a lot of awesome replies I've gotten. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this.

Maybe to help narrow it now ... this particular reading had to do with the emotional side of my life. For the "don't do this" and "challenge" part of the reading, I got cards that indicated that I shouldn't be so introspective, so living in my own little world, and that I was having a hard time looking at the bigger picture - I have a challenge in that I am looking at certain things, and these things make me sad, but I would see a lot of wonderful things if I would just step back and look at the bigger picture. I guess I somehow feel that the Page of Swords is in response to these parts of the reading as well, and thus the Asset part is going to be something that in particular, is going to help me be less introspective/less "own little world"/more bigger picture. I'm thinking along the lines of "neutral, level-headed, nothing at face value" ... at the same time I can see an aspect having to do with protecting the fledgling swan. This kind of caught my eye originally, and now that I think about it, I'm kind of in a situation where there is a risk of hurt to another person, and I feel like I have to tread carefully. So maybe that's one of the important messages from the Page of Swords, in this reading.

Hmm.

Part of me feels that maybe I should be going over to the Readings thread and posting the whole thing, for better perspective. And part of me thinks I should be working with my Ferret Tarot more, since it doesn't seem to mind tossing me swords and I need to get to know them better. ;) (of course, even then those swords are going to be different from Shadowscapes, but at least it would get me a little warmed up to them.) :)

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts!

starrystarrynight

I think the Page of Swords watches [others in the outside world] enough that he has developed the gift of insight--though his charge sometimes may be to use it more effectively...instead, perhaps, of jumping to too-quick conclusions.

Amanda

You're a hero, in that you believe there is a solution to any problem you or others you care about face.