Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative Set--100 Years!

The 78th Fool

gregory said:
Me too - not that ANY preorder I have EVER made with amazon UK has EVER worked out.... :(

LOL! I'm trying not to think about that! I waited months for the Deviant Moon on pre-order. The release date kept getting postponed then my pre-order was finally cancelled automatically........ten days before the deck finally became available!!!

Chris. xx

PS: Ray of hope - Mary and Solandia already have their advance copies, meaning that unlike my unfortunate experience with the Deviant Moon, the deck has actually been printed in time for the supposed release date!! Fingers crossed, with this in mind, Amazon my come up trumps, or so we hope!

Queen of Pentacle

Thanks so much for your scans starlightexp
Colors are very interesting, a little more aqua than "regular RWS", but not "original" greenish, and more texture to it.

Now, if we could just have some "commemorative" cards pic to compare with...
US game is so stingy about posting pic on their own website...

Teheuti

starlightexp said:
Here are some more Pam A Majors for people to comapre to the new edition
Thank you for these. The scans are wonderful. I really don't understand why Stuart Kaplan didn't clean up the scans of his Pamela A (which was in fairly good shape). What most of us wanted was the most accurate reproduction possible of what the cards looked like when they first came out. What he gave us was a deck where the dirt of the ages was emphasized even more than what was visible to the eye on his deck (which I've looked at and handled directly). I just don't get it!

coredil

starlightexp said:
Thanks a lot for these really wonderfull scans!
My Pamela C and D decks look quite poor in comparison.

I noticed that the other scans you provided some times ago are not available any more.
I missed it to download them.
Did you put them somewhere else?

Best regards

coredil

Oh, ok I have now found out what happened: you seem to have moved the former scans in a folder named: "Pam A"
So the previous links do not work any more.
But adding /Pam A/ works ;)

Best regards

Kissa

Teheuti said:
Thank you for these. The scans are wonderful. I really don't understand why Stuart Kaplan didn't clean up the scans of his Pamela A (which was in fairly good shape). What most of us wanted was the most accurate reproduction possible of what the cards looked like when they first came out. What he gave us was a deck where the dirt of the ages was emphasized even more than what was visible to the eye on his deck (which I've looked at and handled directly). I just don't get it!

hmmm... i dont know what to do anymore after reading this comment... is the deck worth purchasing??? i would really like a nice new RWS deck since the colors of the Original are somehow so dark (the beast head at the feet of the King of Pentacles is imo almost impossible to spot).
pffff....

Teheuti

starlightexp -

I brought up your scan of the Pamela A Page of Swords on one window and placed it next to the four versions of the Page of Swords from my blog. Your image seems to be most like the 1971 Rider & Co./Waddington, Swiss printing that I have. Very interesting!

Could you also give us a scan of the 7 of Pentacles?

Mary