Party Questions

tarotbear

My suggestion is to find out if the hostess can give you an definate number for the people who will be there - and divide the time up accordingly.

Think small - like 3-card quickie readings Past-Present-Future, no Celtic Cross spreads. People at a Halloween party are not going to ask you for the sweet Mystery of Life - they are there to have fun.

BRING A TIMER! USE IT! I think giving a MAXIMUM 15 minutes gives you more than enough time to do a 3-card and field a few questions. At ten minutes in, be sure to comment that 'We need to wrap this up' or something that hints that you have to move on to the next person in all fairness. I charge $10 for 15 minutes at these kinds of affairs.

Shade

Haven't heard back from her yet... one message was left on her machine and twice I've gotten her (young) son on the phone. I can't imagine he passed along the message and with the machine it's har dto knwo if she got it. I'm trying not to appear too much like a stalker. I'll try once more and then let it rest.

I always do 3 card readings when I am reading for a crowd and if she has 12+ guests at the party then that is what I'll do but if she were to just have a few couples over I'd probably do 7 card spreads.

minotaur

party readings

I have done considerable party readings with palm and a few with tarot. As far as tarot goes I have a suggestion that may get mixed reaction here....

At a party people are there to have fun....so remove the Death card from the deck.

I've been reading palms at parties where they had tarot readers in the past...if someone gets the Death card the whole party finds out, with all the stereotypes that come with it.

At a party you are an entertainer, not a counselor. Along the same line of thinking you should receive whatever a close up magician gets in your area for the same amount of time.

Call a few and ask how much they want...bear in mind asking price and what they get are often two different things. Still, I think you will be suprised at how much money is in party readings.

Take your business card and write down the three cards from their reading on the back and add key words as you read...they can show their reading to others and will never throw away your card...good luck.