payment: the sticky issue

Rogan

Here in Adelaide, South Australia - The local (and one of the best) metaphysical stores offering readings charges $70 for an hour consultation. Be it Tarot, Tarot and Clairvoyance, Tarot and Numerology, Clairsentiant or whatever... It depends on the reader you book with...

Sulis

catlin said:
Wow, I notice readings in GB seems to be more expensive than in US or am I mistaken?

Hi Catlin,

I think that prices for most things are more expensive in the UK than in the US :)

catlin

Yep, but I thought the competiton would be higher and so the prizes would be different.

HanaDay

I do readings in public places, and I just put out a sign that says "Tarot reding--pay what you can."

Sometimes I read for free, but very often people pay me very highly. If you leave it up to them, most people will compensate you very well, but then again, I live in an urban area and I set up in a business area. It may be different for you.

tmgrl2

Definitely depends on "going" rates depending on where you live.

I am on Long Island, New York. Most professional readers at fairs and metaphysical shops charge $50 a half hour, and pretty much stick to the half hour, since they have a series of appointments on the days they read.

I read in my home office and at a local cafe (where I offer to give client a "free" coffee, if they haven't already purchased one...that way the owner gets the business and I can maybe bring in more business).

I charge $20 for a 15 minute reading at the cafe...

At home, I have been charging $80 an hour, since most of my home visit people want an hour...While I don't watch the clock at home, I do have hourglass timers and use them and also ask my hubby to call down to me in the office from his upstairs phone, when the hour is up and I answer it as though it is my next client and begin to close the reading. I will go over a bit on these hour readings...

At the cafe, the charge is a bit less....So far, though, I have only met with clients at the cafe that I have pre-arranged appointments with...sometimes people that I don't know, or who haven't been referred by someone I know. I reserve home office visits for people I know or by referral from someone I know.

The cafe is more public and I feel it is a "safer" bet for me with people I don't know.

So...first of all, I would suggest doing a check of what people charge for face-to-face readings in your country and in your region. That is a good benchmark. If you are new to reading, you may wish to scale down the price.

Also, when I first started reading live, I would say...just get me a gift certificate to Starbucks...and leave it open. Also I have bartered time trades with my pharmacist, my masseuse and my personal trainer and the owner of the gym....this works well, too.

terri

ahimsa666

Yes, 25 pounds is more than 25$ :)

jojojo

I think you will be lucky to find a tarot reader in London that charges £20-£25 for a face to face reading.

I looked into this as I wanted a face to face reading last year. I am in London. I called a number of people that I found on the internet or on the TABI website and they were all charging between £40-£60 for a 1hour reading.

If anyone can recommend a good reader in or around London then let me know!!

nclifecoach

In North Carolina it's about $25.00 for a 30 minute reading. Like many readers, if my client is really into it and we seem to be connecting well, I'll extend it for longer, at no extra charge. When you are new to reading, it's hard to say "Time's Up" . I put a timer on for 25 minutes to signal to us both that things are coming to an end.
Cheers,
Karen

Shade

At faires I find lower prices, around $30 - $40 for a reading. Regular professionals (with an office and regualr hours charge a good deal more (which makes sense, they have more overhead). Most I have seen in my area charge around $60 to $80. My favorite tarot reader clairvoyant Marlene Caldes definately was not cheap. She ranges from $90 for a half hour to $150 for a full hour for phone sessions. Expensive but I was very pleased with her readings and it's cheaper than paying $4/minute for a 1-900 phone psychic.

More on Marlene here:

http://www.marlenecaldes.com/consultations.htm

Ellie121

it does seem that londons rates are much higher... some are way over the top....... i suppose it depends on how good the reading is but still... im sure u can get a good, adequate reading for a decent fee.

i wouldnt pay more than $35 for a reading in london.... whats that? like $60 ...