Pendulum/Pendant Divining!

Aranel o Lorien

Hi Everyone!

Ok so recently my best friend got me into Pendulum Divining and I was curious if anyone else here was doing it too. Right now the only pendulum I have is a Quartz Pendulum on a single Chain that I've had laying around the house for years. But my friends says that you can also use Pendants to do this as well as. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this and any pointers would be great!

BlueFox

I have a pendulum here, and use it semi-regularly
if your asking for opinions, I have those,
methods of use? it varies from user to user, what ever is comfortable or gives you the most accurate results.
general rule of thumb
treat your pendulum with respect, refrain from 'fortune telling' as pendulums work within the energy of the present, thus, are great for divining current truths, locations of things, etc.
Pendulums can be used to find water, though mind reading seems a little out of it's range of uses as far as I know.

"But my friends says that you can also use Pendants to do this as well as."
Do what as well as what now? I can't help but think you left something out here that is critical to understanding this sentence, elaborate please?

Aranel o Lorien

Thanks Bluefox!
I actually didn't know about the finding water part, and as for the sentence I accidentally put in an extra as. It should have been, "you can use pendants as well." Meaning that you can use pendants for pendulum divining if you don't have a pendulum or you'd like to use something that has more of your energy since normally you'd wear a pendant around you neck on a chain.

Tarot Orat

Sure, I used a ring on a chain as a pendulum until I bought my first "real" one that had been created specifically for divination. The divinatory pendulums have more focus, but anything can work if you ask it nicely and in the right frame of mind.

Caedryn

BlueFox said:
treat your pendulum with respect, refrain from 'fortune telling' as pendulums work within the energy of the present, thus, are great for divining current truths, locations of things, etc.

Where did this rule come from?

Why would a pendulum be subject to rules such as this, and tarot or runes or any other device not be?

IMO it can be used for divining anything, including the past, present and future, but if you have your mind set against it...then of course it would not work for you.

~C

Nytebugg

my sister has a way of predicting or telling someone how many and what gender of children you will/already have. it only works on women. she figured the reason it doesn't work for men is that men can have many offspring but women can only have so many in a lifetime. she says I have the potential for 2; boy and girl.

I've done predictions. The key is to keep your mind blank. I ask the question and then slip into thinking the words "what is the answer" instead of thinking I hope it's yes or no or whatever. You can do simple ones like will my mom call me today or will Jane bring her lunch into work.

Caedryn

Nytebugg said:
I've done predictions. The key is to keep your mind blank. I ask the question and then slip into thinking the words "what is the answer" instead of thinking I hope it's yes or no or whatever. You can do simple ones like will my mom call me today or will Jane bring her lunch into work.

I think that is a good way.

When your sister does this, is it on a pregnant woman?

~ C

Nytebugg

Caedryn said:
I think that is a good way.

When your sister does this, is it on a pregnant woman?

~ C
Not when we tried it at the holidays because no one was/is pregnant that was there. when my sister did it that time she held the pendulum over the wrist and asked to know about their children or possible children in birth order. Circle is a girl and line is a boy. she will then tell the pendulum to stop and then give her the next child and so on until it just wont move anymore. Now it doesn't tell of adopted children though because she tried it on our mom and only got one child; my mom only had one birth with the others being adopted.

Dancing Bear

I use the pendulum regularly, For everything..
yes /no questions, Past present and future questions
and connecting to spirit..

I just love my pendulum..and dont go anywhere with out it.
More so than my Tarot cards.

I have made a beautiful portable cloth ouija i use with my pendulum which also follows me everywhere.
Yes you can use a pendant to divine if you dont have your pendulum.
I have been known to use a nice long earring on a piece of string..

I do prefer my homemade pendulum though.. :)

I find the pendulum amazingly accurate in most cases.

Caedryn

NB and DB...thanks for your replies and info that was interesting.

Anything else you have to share...I am all ears!

~ C