Permission to read for others

flyingphoenix

Since I've been reading for my poor family friend Roger, my husband asked a question:"Without person's permission, how do you read for him/her?". I never gave it a thought until he asked me. In this case, Roger isn't able to give me the permission. But in general, can I just read for any one I want or I feel connect to? Of course I won't tell anyone the result of my reading, but is it valid to access someone's personal information without getting permission from him/her?

Oh, sorry, I post it in a wrong forum. Can the moderator move it to "Talk Tarot"? Thanks.

blackstormhawk

Interesting question, as it falls into a gray area. If you're not giving the subject the information, you're reading about, but not for that person.

I wouldn't personally have a problem about something like that, for example, I've done readings where I'm trying to determine the motivations of someone else that's involved in a situation in which I've become enmeshed, as a means of determining my own approach and strategy.

The question may better be answered by the specifics of your situation, why are you reading about Roger to begin with, why is he unable to give permission?

flyingphoenix

blackstormhawk said:
The question may better be answered by the specifics of your situation, why are you reading about Roger to begin with, why is he unable to give permission?
I read for him because I want to help him. He is one of my family friends. He is unable to give permission because he is sick in the hospital paralyzed (no talking, no movement).

blackstormhawk

What is the purpose of your reading? To know when he will die, whether he will recover, whether his outward lack of ability to communicate is also indicative of his inability to perceive the world around him?

Those are rabbit holes that can make you crazy if you venture down them.

Read for yourself, to seek what you can best to do offer comfort and help to Roger and to the people who love him, as friends or as family.

catti

My Humble Opinion

flyingphoenix said:
is it valid to access someone's personal information without getting permission from him/her?

It is morally questionable to access personal information such as passwords, bank accounts, family secrets, et al. without permission.
It is could be considered blackmail to then use that information against the person in question.

Tarot is up to interpretation.

Whatever personal information you may gain has been filtered through the Tarot first and then your perception second.

It is like wearing sunglasses inside. You will see some things but not everything.

And if it is truly in the realm of Nunya it won't be revealed to you.

Sinduction

I see no problem reading about someone without permission. The intentions don't matter, that's only judgment from other people. If you feel like doing it then do it.

willowfox

I see it this way, "do whatever you want providing your actions harm no one".

MoonLitCrystal

I am in the school of thinking that if your intentions are good, it's OK. I don't know what will happen if one's intentions are bad when they read, but I suppose they either won't get a clear reading, or Karma will get them ;).

I also think that if a person has a secret that they don't want anyone to know about, it will not come out in any reading, whether the reading was done with permission or without. I guess this is because I believe that people need to be open in order to get an accurate reading. If they shut the reader out, no matter how talented the reader is, the reading won't be accurate and the secret will never be discovered.

flyingphoenix

blackstormhawk said:
Read for yourself, to seek what you can best to do offer comfort and help to Roger and to the people who love him, as friends or as family.
Thank you. I haven't thought about this. If I really want to help Roger, I should read for myself to look for guidance.

flyingphoenix

MoonLitCrystal said:
I am in the school of thinking that if your intentions are good, it's OK. I don't know what will happen if one's intentions are bad when they read, but I suppose they either won't get a clear reading, or Karma will get them ;).
That's great. I like your theory. In this case, at least my intention is good. I only try to help.