Physically sick

Azarial

I have had a Thoth deck for a while now, and I don't read with it often. I was wondering if it's just me or if anyone else get's physically ill when they read with this deck. The moment I pick it up, I get nauseated and sick to my stomach. As soon as I set it back down, I feel fine.

Alta

:D :D That reminds me of the old joke:

Worried patient: "Doctor, Doctor, it hurts when I twist my arm like this! (demonstrates)
What should I do?"

Doctor: "Don't twist your arm like that!"

hehehe, (sorry!)

The answer to your question from me is 'no, that doesn't happen when I use the deck'. But clearly it does affect you like that, so just use another deck which has art which is more pleasing to you. Something about the art must stir up memories or associations which are unpleasant for you. Or maybe the colours on some of the cards.

Marion

AprilFool

No, I love looking at the Thoth deck, even if I do not (yet) understand it! :)

But definitely put it away for now. Tarot is such an inituitive "art" and you can't feel badly and enjoy it.

starrystarrynight

Could be something as mundane as a physical reaction to the inks used in the printing??

Sweet Irish Angel

Hey :)

Hiya :)

I dont have this deck but I know how you feel, when I first got RW deck I felt the same, the art work really did not appeal to me and I didnt get a nice feeling from the deck at all, I put it away for some lot of months and then took it out again, i cleansed the deck and it seams to help, i still do not like to read with this deck, but some querants ask for it from time to time, if you you sagelncense with the deck and cleanse them, they might work better for you, if not defo put them away for a while and use another deck!

Miren

I'd say try cleansing it and if that doesn't work, then put it away! Normally when something like that happens, I can identify it as smells or artwork which nauseate me. But even if you can't tell what's doing it, the reaction is enough to know that something isn't right.

Maybe someday you could pull them out again...

Debra

I feel the same way about the Voyager. The artist behind it actually lives in the area here and I know that many people love this deck, but I just don't like even touching the cards. Maybe I should spread them out under the sheet on the bed and force myself to sleep on them, like the Princess and the Pea story!

Azarial

I initially bought the deck because I loved the artwork on it. I still do like the artwork. But it could possibly be that it is poking at something subconsciously that I am not facing. If that is the case, maybe it would be a good idea to start working with it.

MeeWah

Azarial: Perhaps do a reading using a different deck & ask why the adverse reaction to the Thoth.

Keep the spread simple, such as no more than 3 cards. For example:

1. Origin of reaction/issue

2. The significance of same

3. Advice.

mingbop

I'm the same with the Vampire tarot.