pixeled tarot

madmoiselle

Has any-one ever tried to make (or have seen one made) a pixeled Tarot, on the computer? Also, would this still have the same effect, as in, would a computerized Tarot still contain any creative energies from making it your-self?

DraagonStorm

I'm not sure what you mean by a 'pixeled' tarot. If you mean a Tarot deck made exclusively on the computer, Yes, there have been quite a few made just on the computer. My SpiroTarot http://www.draagonstorm.com was done completely on the computer, and reads great.

BB
DraagonStorm

rota

madmoiselle said:
...would this still have the same effect, as in, would a computerized Tarot still contain any creative energies from making it yourself?

++++++

A computer is a tool, just like a pen or a paintbrush. As for containing any 'creative energies', I guess the proof would be in the using....

In fact, practically any imagery made in the last 15 or 20 years has passed through a computer at some point. Welcome to the world of tomorrow!

I'd like to hear your reviews of some recent decks that have been made completely via computer, to find out what you feel the differences might be.

++++++

thinbuddha

The Golden Tarot jumps to mind as a deck created with computers. Of course, it is made up of images of old paintings, but those images were put together using a computer. As has been said, most printed images (OK, probably all printed images) that are created these days pass through a computer at some point.

There is plenty of art out there that is created from start to finish on a computer. Some of this art you would never expect to have come from a computer. We are past the days when you can tell that something was made on a computer just by looking at it.

kuwaizair

nay, they mean pixal art. you know sprites, little dots.

its a fine skill and it escapes me.

madmoiselle

Yes, kuwaizair:
Pixel art, as in, some-thing you might make using Microsoft Paint. I do pixel art some-time, but I often feel that making a deck by ... non-computer would make it more ... like, some-thing you drew, made with your hands. I feel that that would carry more of your energy, but that your art through the computer would take any that enegry, lol, I don't know, that sounds strange. Sorry. But I was wondering if any-one has ever seen a pixel art Tarot.

goddesscarlie

Here is about Pixel art on wikipedia for those who don't know: - Pixel art

Personally I have not seen any tarot made like this, but I would be interested to see. I think that but I do know that pixel art takes a lot of time and effort, and I think your energy will definatly be taken into your art. It's a whole different skill than traditional art, and I admire anyone who can do it!

goddesscarlie

wow, that is fantastic!!! I love it, I can't wait til you are finished.

Alta

I believe that my icon and those of many older members was done this way, by an ATF member, kayne.