Poll: Which deck from Magic Realist Press is your favourite?

Which deck from Magic Realist Press is your favourite?

• Tarot of Prague

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • Baroque Bohemian Cats' Tarot

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • Fairytale Tarot

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Fantastic Menagerie Tarot

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • Victorian Romantic Tarot

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • Bohemian Gothic Tarot

Votes: 35 29.7%

• Total voters

Gulliver

Wow, that's the first time in this poll that the BoHoGo stays ahead of the VicRom.

HuskyChariot

Ha ha! Maybe the dark sister will triumph!

Melia

I don't think, the VFO is poorer, I think it's just not possible to compare tarot decks with oracle decks.

The poll question is: which deck from Magic Realist press is your favourite? Do you not think it's possible that some/OTHER people might find the VFO their favourite Magic Realist deck? Sorry, but its omission from this poll is evidence that speaks for itself ... i.e. that because it's an oracle, it's not worthy of even a listing.

Gulliver

The poll question is: which deck from Magic Realist press is your favourite? Do you not think it's possible that some/OTHER people might find the VFO their favourite Magic Realist deck? Sorry, but its omission from this poll is evidence that speaks for itself ... i.e. that because it's an oracle, it's not worthy of even a listing.

Oh no, Melia, that's a misunderstanding. I do love oracle decks very much. My intention was only to compare the tarot decks, that's why I posted in the tarot deck section. I think it's more difficult to interprete the result, if there is an oracle deck on board too. Than at the same time you'll have a bit to include the question if someone likes more tarot or oracle decks at all in the interpretation of the results. This I wanted to avoid. But you are right, I had could write the word "tarot" in the headline.

Only 3 votings left to 100. :) The cats are very fast at the moment.

Gulliver

I think, the result of the poll shows, that the VicRom and BoHoGo are equally loved. Together they have more than 50% votings. Also the ToP, BBC and Fantastic Menagerie are equally loved, but every deck got the half of the votings compared to the other both decks.

Altena

My vote goes to Bohemian Gothic. To me it's the perfect dark deck. I love the darkness in it, the element of horror, the color palette, the symbolism and of course the exquisite artwork.

It also happens to be my first ever MRP deck and one of the first tarot decks I fell in love with, which to me makes it doubly special. I do love all their decks, but nothing can compare to this one.

FaireMaiden

For me, the Bohemian Gothic is the quintessential 'get to the bottom of things... warts and all' deck. In my profession, (licensed psychologist and certified astrologer), this deck is unsurpassed in quickly summing-up where a client is currently at, thus, moving beyond all the superficial ramblings that can take-up so much time. Having a dedicated focus, such as the cards give, assists me in keeping my clients on-track, so-to-speak.

As well, it provides my clients with 'grist for their mill'. Give a client an astrological chart and you might as well give them a page from a physics book full of equations. But, give them 'art' and they're drawn to the intrigue of their life as being depicted in the cards. They start having dreams, and many questions. They begin to notice the nuances in each card and question those too. Such a method, I have found, gives them courage, determination, and empowerment. They begin to feel not so much 'the victim' anymore, but an active agent in healing those things that have plagued them and, in doing so, have already begun creating a much more desirable future for themselves.

Gulliver

A long time ago...

Now it would be interesting to vote with the possible choice of the last MRP deck, the Alice Tarot, too. Maybe, someone is interested to start a new poll? In the case the answer is no.....bumping the thread for new AT members who didn't participate until now. :)

thorhammer

A long time ago...

Now it would be interesting to vote with the possible choice of the last MRP deck, the Alice Tarot, too. Maybe, someone is interested to start a new poll? In the case the answer is no.....bumping the thread for new AT members who didn't participate until now. :)

I have, but don't use, quite a few MRP decks, but I was interested in this thread partly because I can't find pics of any of the Alice Tarot cards anywhere. Is there a reason they're not on AT? I found it very odd.

MoonGypsy

I have, but don't use, quite a few MRP decks, but I was interested in this thread partly because I can't find pics of any of the Alice Tarot cards anywhere. Is there a reason they're not on AT? I found it very odd.

Hi thorhammer! Long time "no see"! Welcome home! :)

i agree it is quite odd the Alice Deck is not listed on AT Tarot Decks...i hadn't realized that. But you
can see some cards here:

http://baba-store.com/collections/a...ndard-deck-price-includes-nearly-all-shipping

And here is a Youtube review of both Alice decks--The sold out limited and the Standard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS9N1HflMU

And i think there is a FaceBook group also, but i don't do FaceBook...:love: