positive ways to use the cards

SunChariot

Hi everyone!

I'm doing another of my surveys :grin: to ask all about how to use the cards in positive ways to create the life you want. Not to predict or find out where you are going, but to actually use the cards to direct your life in the direction of where you want to go.

What kinds of questions do you ask to do that, what kinds of topics do you like to ask about that help take you there, any tricks or unique ways of using the cards that help take you there? I'd just love to hear.

Babs

avalonian

I like to use the cards from a Law of Attraction point of view, so I draw two cards.

The first tells me what I am creating at the moment.

The second tells me how to change it or improve on it, depending on whether I want whatever I am creating.

This helps me to focus on the positive aspect of the cards and always leaves me feeling empowered. Keeps me on the right path and brings me back into alignment if I have "wandered off".

Another spread I use is the "Bridge" spread from the "Songs for the Journey Home" tarot. The first tells me where I am, the second tells me where I need to be and the third (in the middle) tells me how to get there.

:) :) :)

nisaba

SunChariot said:
I'm doing another of my surveys :grin: to ask all about how to use the cards in positive ways to create the life you want. Not to predict or find out where you are going, but to actually use the cards to direct your life in the direction of where you want to go.
(my emphases).

You're asking about Tarot Magic, not Tarot reading.

That would take a whole book to answer. But in essence: it's about picking cards very, very carefully, then "waking them up".

Ask me again when I've got a few spare weeks.

_________
Think before you make the coward's choice. Old age is not for sissies. (Niven's Nineteenth Law)

SunChariot

Actually no, I was asking about Tarot topics for questions or methods that could help improve lives, not Tarot magic. I purposely wanted to stay away from the second topic for the purposes I wanted to use the info for. I was just asking about reading methods or tupes of questions...not magic of any type.

The first answer by avalonian was very much along the lines of what I was looking for. And thanks avalonian, your answer was truly helpful. :heart:

Or my method is just to ask the cards where I am heading and then ask how to change it if it's not where I want to go, for example.

Babs

misfitknits

the types of spreads i use along the lines of what you are seeking, are "what is my current block", "what do i need to work on at the moment". i know that's pretty vague, i'm sourcing ideas here, not actual spreads. but if you know what you want to ask the cards, why not just make up your own spreads based on that? for instance, two cards on "what are my current blocks" and two cards on how to deal with the block. something really simple.

kfk

I use a basic three card spread for the question asked;present,action to take, and possible outcome but then I draw eight additional cards. the first four represent the archtypes Caroly Myss put in everybodies' stable of archtypes:the child,the sabotatuer,the prostitute,and the victim.These cards give me an idea of how the archtypes are responding and are the so below aspect.The next four cards are picked to correspond to an archtype.They give info on a larger scale.This is what the universe wants me to know and how it wants to help and guide me.
the reading clarifys where within me the question or disired path is coming from and often inspires a different path or a new twist on how to proceed with the path I'm on.Does this fall within the spirit of your survey?

SunChariot

Thanks everyone for your help. And yes kfk that was very much the kind of info I was looking for. Although I just wanted your honest answers of course not to prompt you on what kinds of answers to give. But yes the question was meant to be about reading methods not tarot magic. I think I am making it sound more complicated than it was, LOL

Thank you all again!

And have a wonderful year too!

:heart:

Babs

MareSaturni

I use spreads that focus on the present and what can be done about it. I believe that the ability to create the lives we want comes from knowledge, awareness and the right action/attitude. So I focus on these topics when reading for myself on that aspect.

I notice that most of people prefer to focus on the future, on the other party, and aspects of their lives they cannot fully control as a way to avoid the responsability of building their own lives. They expect things to happen without them. I prefer to do a reading that shows me where my responsability lies and how can I embrace it.

Hope I have helped! :)

SunChariot

Thanks Marina!!! That was in fact very helpful and still just in time. :grin: I have to write the article today, but have not yet started. ...been too bustt cleaning and baking as I have company coming tomorrow. But I will be writing it soon, in the next few hours.

Babs