Cards That Make You Smile

GryffinSong

In another thread we were talking about personality of decks. I'd like to talk about cards that maybe pack a whallop, but with a humorous twist. I love cards like this, that make me smile or laugh, but also say something.

First example for me is the Temperance card from the Ferret Tarot. An angel is in the sky pointing to a scroll that says "moderation" on it. Three ferrets are on the ground rolling with laughter. The absurdity of the image says more about temperance than most cards for me. :)

I've got several more examples from this deck and my Medieval Cats deck, but for now, I've got de-cluttering to do, so the ball's in your court ...

Attachments

• ferret tarot temperance.JPG
    ferret tarot temperance.JPG
    207 KB · Views: 132

Laura Borealis

That says more to me about ferrets! They know no moderation. :D

The Stars from the Fey. This is one of the cards I always check when I'm thinking of getting a new deck, because if it's off, I'll never really click with the rest. The Fey version is wonderful, though. It has the sense of vision and dreaminess that I want in the Star card, but it's not all calm or static; there's a sweet wildness to her expression and pose, her wind-tousled hair. It definitely makes me smile when I turn it up in a reading.

Attachments

• fey_stars.jpg
    fey_stars.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 118

Rasa

The Empress card in the magical forest never fails to make me smile.
Look at the smile on her, she's so content!
The fact that she's a pig suggests a full, plump sort of abundance. I love the pink sky; it's a warm, comforting color.

Attachments

• piggy.jpg
    piggy.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 112

moderndayruth

Wow, what a great thread! Thanks for starting it!!! :thumbsup:

Great choices, everyone!

Mine is Trevisan's Renaissance
3oP, can't stop smiling when i see this guy! :D
Just check out the face he pulled!!!! :p

firefrost

I don't have a pic of it because I no longer have the deck, but the little girl in the Osho Zen (forgot which card it is) who's about to walk into her own little adventure always made me smile. It was so sweet.

It's just about the only thing I remember about the deck.

Amanda

I don't have the deck, but I think it's the 3 of Wands in the Rohrig I like. Just can't stand that Chariot card, so I never bought it.

GryffinSong

I love the 7 of swords in the Medieval Cats Tarot. He sure thinks he's getting away with something, but the evidence is clear to any who look ...

Attachments

• medieval cats 7 swords.JPG
    medieval cats 7 swords.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 103

GryffinSong

And speaking of swords, here's my favorite 5 of swords ... guaranteed to make me laugh!!!

Attachments

• ferret tarot 5 of swords.JPG
    ferret tarot 5 of swords.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 103

Marcia959

I know The Tower is hardly a laughing matter, but here's my fav from Beth Seilonen:

Attachments

• istower_jpg_w74h110.jpg
    istower_jpg_w74h110.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 114

GryffinSong

Marcia959 said:
I know The Tower is hardly a laughing matter, but here's my fav from Beth Seilonen:

Is there any way to post a larger picture? I can't really make it out, although I think maybe its a snail on a golf tee?