Private readings that are "tampered" with,dangerous or not???????

Grizabella

Even though I answered this question briefly, I just still don't understand it, really. All the talking in convoluted terms---if X told me this and if Y told me something and such----Call your characters by some names and then maybe I can follow.

So, what you're asking is, for instance:

George came to me and told me that Grace, his sister, would be coming to me for a reading. He wants me to tell her that yes, her boyfriend loves her dearly and isn't being unfaithful with her friend Jezebel. But he really is having the affair with Jezebel.

Something like that?

Grizabella

OK, I went back and read the original post and the question is:

What do we think the dangers are if a reading has been tampered with? So that really wasn't addressed, I don't think. We all thought it was more about whether it was ethical to do a tampered reading. That's what I thought, anyway.

So what do I think the dangers would be? Without knowing more precise facts, it's hard to pinpoint what the dangers would be in a specific situation. The dangers, speaking in general, would probably take a whole page to list. If I knew a specific scenario it would be easier, but I'll give it a shot.

One of the dangers---a very big one---would be that the sitter would feel incredibly betrayed if she ever found out. Very often our sitters come to us for guidance about things they feel very strongly about and that are vital to them. They depend on us and trust us with their lives.

Another danger, which might sound a little far-fetched but it's not, is that we'd have breached our own ethics and that would make it easier to allow the tampering the next time someone wanted to tamper. And then once it had been done a few times, it would be easy to let a little cash exchange hands to do a bigger and bigger tampering job. And then, you wouldn't be fit to be trusted to read grafiti on a bathroom wall, in my opinion.

Then there's the danger that you're the only person left in the world that the sitter trusts and if not for trusting you, she'd just give up and walk in front of a train. Except that often people who are suicidal are in danger of taking someone with them if they're going to commit suicide and that could end up being you.

And then there's the danger that you might be contributing to keeping an abused woman in the clutches of her abuser, when if you hadn't allowed the tampering she might have actually gotten the information she needed to have the courage to get out of the relationship.

There are so many things---there's not even room in my imagination to think of good examples.

Another real big one that comes to mind is that you might get arrested.

Allison70

My impression of the original question is that the questioner wants to know if there is 'woo-woo' danger involved. Stealing some-one else's terminology there, but it's a good word. To explain, perhaps spiritual danger, the kind of badness that people cleanse from crystals or smoke from homes. Bad ju-ju.

I think the question is asking this: if we tamper with a reading, are we tampering with forces that could turn on the people involved and harm them?

My answer is no. No spiritual/supernatural/woo-woo forces are going to punish the people involved.

But the other dangers mentioned by other forum members, like the danger of the reader providing bad information that causes the sitter to make bad decisions, that certainly exists.

tigerlily

Fostha said:
What do people here think the dangers are,of a private reading that has been tampered with? If someone was to speak with the reader beforehand,inform them to say what they think you want to hear,could this have any negative outcome for the other persons mentioned in ur reading at all do you think? Ive always believed the tarot was a tool to be respected,and not tampered with in anyway,and i never have,and never would,but unfortunately,ive had private reads "tampered" with,and im now worried about any possible negative outcomes for the persons mentioned in them reads. Any ideas anyone?

So, if I understood this correctly (and it is a really convoluted question, like Grizabella said, so I'd be grateful if you could clarify it a bit for me)...

You were the client -

someone went to your Tarot reader before you were getting your reading done and told them to tell you certain things, irrespective of the cards that would turn up -

and you aren't worried about the (in-)accuracy of your reading, but about some bad mojo for other persons that were mentioned in that faked reading?

Ummm... no. If the reading was faked, it was irrelevant from the beginning. And Tarot doesn't cause things to happen, neither to the readee nor to third parties. If bad Karma was created, it's on the person(s) who influenced the reader, and the reader who participated in such crap.

Fostha

I have problems with an ex,readers were informed to tell me, what he thinks i want to hear,in order for him to achieve something underhandedly,yet ive always pulled really strong positive cards,so ive never really been too worried for myself,and i could always tell when a reader had been informed, by the way they spoke,i just now worry if his interference with my readings, is gonna backfire on him if you like,and what was said to me,loaded with his sarcasm,is now gonna become his reality. Tarot is something i wouldnt choose to "interfere" with,i just wondered what others thought on this.

nisaba

How would your ex even know who you were going to have a reading with, or when?

Nevada

Did the family members or readers tell you he tampered with the readings? Or is this something you sensed yourself? Do you know for sure?

I guess I'd be careful who I went to for readings and not tell the family anything about it. Why is it their business, after all.

What might come to the ex as a result isn't your worry, is it? And how can anyone know what that might be? It's more a spiritual question, related to divine justice or Karma, than a Tarot question, IMO.

I thought your question was about Tarot reading ethics, which every reader has to answer for themselves. But what your ex does behind your back, and its impact on him, is for him to work out.

Fostha

My only concern was,if the reading did turn out as 1 lady predicted,the effect its going to have on my children. Ive never felt the need to hide something as simple as a reading from my family,only since they've chosen to play "informer" for the ex,and his family. Nothing lower than disloyalty IMHO,especially when its to help a man who calls his own wife and son a liar.

Umbrae

I have problems with an ex.Rreaders were informed to tell me what he thinks I want to hear, in order for him to achieve something underhandedly... (edited for clarity)

I'd stay away from ex and reader that ex talks to.

If enough money changed hands - the 'reader' is in on the deal.

Not everybody has to know who you're going to or why. Speak little. Share nothing. Protect yourself.