pro tarot common scan or meaningful advice?

Emelya

pro tarot common scam or meaningful advice?

a little over a year ago (i didn't read tarot myself then, was just starting to play with my fairies oracle) i lived in a big city with lots of pro tarot readers availiable. i went to three over the span of a few months. twice mostly because i wanted relationship guidence and once just for fun. all three times the reader told me i had some really bad dark stuff in my energy (i don't remember quite how they put it but that's something like, one said it was from the very distant past and that some one had cursed me). they all said they could fix it by doing some sort or ritual and burning a candle for me. one said this would just be the beginning and we'd probably have to do more after the candle. two said it would cost me about $1000 canadian! one was less but still a lot! i tried burning a candle for myself and never went back to the readers. i felt they were trying to scam me and that this must be the common scan of choice as they all said about the same thing. i do believe in tarot but i also do not like to be scammed. now i wonder what was really up? i guess i could read for myself about it. i shall do that. but i was wondering if anyone has had or heard of this. if i really did have some dark curse on my aura would burning a 1000$ candle help me?? is this a common scam almong less ethical readers?

Grigori

scam, scam, scam, scam....

I suspect your aura is a fine as anyone elses Emelya. To put your mind at rest, perhaps you could try this spread and test it for yourself.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=13218

If you keep posting at this rate, you will be able to access the your readings board shortly and then you could also get some advice on the reading you did. Some AT members are very experienced in this sort of thing, and have never tried to sell a $1000 magic candle (cause that is a scam).

Apollonia

Yup, total scam. We have one of those operating around here now, and she has scared some people half to death. I know because they came running to me and other readers at the shop, terrified and wanting more information about the "darkness" surrounding them.

I once knew a woman who had a similar experience with a scam artist. She went home and told her sister-in-law, "This woman says I have a curse on me and it will cost $100 to take it off." The SIL replied, "Well, I'm the one who put it on you, and I'll take it off you myself for only $50."

Eco74

Very wide-spread scam apparently.

Last year a woman was scammed out of several hundred thousand swedish crowns that she had given to a "psychic" that would lift the shadows around her and cleanse her life.
She sure got her bankaccounts cleansed but that was about it...
The reason it got to be so much was apparently that after a while she got afraid that her family would find out about the payments and stop her, so she hid it from them and one day, she all of a sudden had no money left, lost her home and basically had to go back to living of scratch.

There are still warnings floating about for this kind of thing, so hopefully it will get more well known and - well, the scammers will probably just end up finding something new to scam about. :(

magpie9

Versions of this scam have been going on in Europe and America for the last 100 years or more.
If she tells you to bring an egg, make it a rotton one, and throw it at her! })

Ace

Very common scam. I had a person come up to me at a street fair. She told me her husband was told he had a black spot on him and she could remove it for (you guessed it) more money (which she would not keep, she would bury in a grave yard. Yeah, right. :rolleyes:) I told her we call people like that crooks and also told an off-duty policeman I worked with at the library. He made a note to pass the work onto his friends in Bunko. He told me this was a common gypsy scam, the money asked is based on how much they think you are worth.
ace

ocho8s

Emelya:
next time just look at any point behind their left shoulder and tell them .......
yeahhhh........ I see it in you also })
too bad they keep doing this, so glad there is karma laws

Bendiciones
Anaoly

Psychebleu

Yeah, the dark energy was the pro con-artist 'reading' your cards. Scam!
Say, just say, you run into a psychic who can 'see' these things. If they are concerned enough to make you aware of it, they should offer you advice on how to help yourself. If they instead, offer to 'fix' it for you for ANY amount - run in the other direction.

Emelya

thanks guys! this is what i thought. it's too bad there are so many of these scammers, they give tarot a bad name. yesterday i had my chakras read by several reputable practioners at a wellness fair and seems everythings dandy (not perfect but no curses, hehe). that settles that. :)

Rhiamon

be very careful of anyone who offers things like that for more money. If there was truly something in your cards that was bad, she would have offered to burn a candle for you for free. I burn healing candles for friends all the time and never charge for such a thing, sheesh!