Professional Tarot on TV (personal question)

NeXoRiouS

I've seen three taiwanese shows that do tarot, astro, face reading and etc. Instead of stiffening the show, they brought in humor by relating to hilarious events that happened in their lives. More importantly, they had hosts that are able to bridge the animosity between the guests and the readers.

As of the readings they conduct are definitely shallow but due to the fact its a show to the public, content no doubt have to be comprehensive rather than using tarot language. With a simple and humorous atmosphere, the viewers will find it interesting and wish to keep on watching it.

By the way vijeno, you should let them know before hand what you do not wish to do. If there's any taboo of any sort.

psychicbody

That is totally awsome. I suppose if you want that kind of show to be taken seroiusly, you have to go in there and give them 100%, showing your audience why you are so good at what you do ;)

catlin

@vijeno:
Can you check for a kind of trial reading? Pl check also how to behave in case a client turns ballistic.

Dean

U.k

I was just adding my thoughts to this post i was recently offered a chance to appear on one of these daily chat -show's, i was interviewed by the producer who gave me a test-interview which involved a general spread reading which i used the cc spread. He wanted to know very personnel details about himself which only he would know about.

Before starting my reading on him, he asked if i was an honest person or someone who is just doing Tarot to get on the show? i guess i really surprised him after i told him a few truths about what he was getting up too behind his partners back? haha

Nocturnal Lure

vijeno said:
Hi,

I started doing professional readings recently. Today I was invited to a casting event for a tv show with people calling in and getting astrology, tarot, etc. advice.

Now, I know that most of these shows are one big ripoff.

On the other hand, the dayjob keeps on sucking, so every possible way out seems like redemption to me.

Of course, they didn't even see me yet, and I haven't signed anything. So...

Is there any chance one can inject some seriousness into those tv shows? Can one do it without feeling like one big stupid asshole? If you were in my position, what would you base your decision on? (Apart from a card reading, obviously... *g*).

Thanks
vijeno

All I can say is that I am jealous of the oppurtunity....