Projecting desire into cards

olivia1

Fostha said:
Only other thing is,maybe someone else could be telling the reader beforehand all about your desires,
how?? I mean, how would anyone know which reader you chose to go to? Do readers actually go around setting up spies on potential clients these days?

Umbrae

Umbrae said:
Let me see if I get this...you're worried that a sitter will influence the deck so that certain cards arrive in a spread so that a super positive reading will occur?
olivia1 said:
yeah and give the sitter false hope. I'll share a great example, which I wrote in response to another *member, that I shared in another thread:

"I LOVED a man and he seemed like he couldn't stand me-- He even told me daily he hated me. Then one day he confessed he loved me. To this day, I don't know if I was just projecting into the cards, my desires, and my being so delusional actually caused him to fall in love with me? He was very mean but I was very nice, anyway, because I was convinced that he was secretly in love (since that was what the cards/reader were saying said!) or if he really did love me all along and he was just pretending to hate me. I will never know because he won't tell..."

• the member in question was pulling up very positive cards. The cards she drew made it seem like the person in question had positive feelings about her. In reality, he couldn't stand her (her words).

Ah shucks…well now it looks to me like someone was pulling cards with the old “Does he love me?” and getting positive cards…

In other words, they were not reading about themselves or a situation – they were using Tarot in an attempt to read the mind of a third person.

Ain’t never seen mind reading with Tarot to work with consistency. Some members call me a wet blanket for such an attitude, but mind reading with cards just don’t work, and baseing a decision or life on what you think Tarot is telling you about what a third person thinks…that gives false hope.

Billy-boy

I personally believe a persons hopes and desires will always effect the cards, as they should. The only bias is on the part of the interpretation.
The cards could be right, but knowing a great deal about a situation before hand could change how one interprets the reading.
Just check out the "Your Readings" for every reader there is an interpretation that's a little bit different.

Fostha

Billy-boy said:
I personally believe a persons hopes and desires will always effect the cards, as they should. The only bias is on the part of the interpretation.
The cards could be right, but knowing a great deal about a situation before hand could change how one interprets the reading.
Just check out the "Your Readings" for every reader there is an interpretation that's a little bit different.

Interesting point Billy-boy,so many readers in the "your readings" sections,yet some are exactly the same ;) while some may be different.I believe a persons hopes/desires has an effect on everything in their life,not only the cards they pull. :)